Holiday Refunds.

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Holiday Refunds.

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just checked our latest credit card statement & EMT have reimbursed us £269 which is a nice surprise. Edit to say they didn’t tell us they had reimbursed us it’s just appeared on our statement. Car insurance is due today so this will help.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just checked our latest credit card statement & EMT have reimbursed us £269 which is a nice surprise. Edit to say they didn’t tell us they had reimbursed us it’s just appeared on our statement. Car insurance is due today so this will help.
As of this morning my Credit Card is actually in credit by £500 as my flights, car hire & some hotels for America have been reimbursed.
Hull Trains owe me £21 (claim in the system) and not actually an holiday refund but I've £40 to come from my old energy supplier as I swapped last week and was in credit on change over day.
Still would rather be skint and be enjoying my holiday while celebrating Leeds promotion.
Now got money and nothing to spend it on apart from home & garden (and £220 I splashed out on a wine order :D )
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Funny, we're having a bit of trouble contacting the villa owner about our deposit. Strange that.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:Funny, we're having a bit of trouble contacting the villa owner about our deposit. Strange that.
Yeah, you got to watch these Brummie guys.
I once played against Don Revie.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Just as a general point re flight refunds I’ve requested cash from Ryan Air for 4 flights, as your entitled to cash and vouchers would be worthless if the airline went bust. If you booked on a credit card you are entitled to claim on its insurance if the airline goes bust in the meantime.

I spoke to Bott & Co (they are the leading law form dealing with flight refunds) they are not taking on any new cases to recover monies as they know they would prejudice their existing case load & May push the airline into receivership !

Had a rather unique case of my own (techies please help) where data on an email received by myself 6 months ago was changed retrospectively. Did - Any one Know that was possible.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

isrodger wrote:
Had a rather unique case of my own (techies please help) where data on an email received by myself 6 months ago was changed retrospectively. Did - Any one Know that was possible.
Never heard that one, it's truly shocking and corrupt imho.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:
Never heard that one, it's truly shocking and corrupt imho.
Never heard of it either, scary if this can be done.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Never heard of anything like that last paragraph Is but nothing surprises me at the minute. I Paid by debit for my Ryanair flights and now its in the hands of my bank. I'm not holding out that they will apply for my money but we shall see. Other than that it will be a 12 months wait for my cash cause we won't be re-booking again for a while.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Never heard of anything like that last paragraph Is but nothing surprises me at the minute. I Paid by debit for my Ryanair flights and now its in the hands of my bank. I'm not holding out that they will apply for my money but we shall see. Other than that it will be a 12 months wait for my cash cause we won't be re-booking again for a while.
Unbelievable really booked 26/12 had a flight cancellation 20/5 fortunately I could reschedule my flight from 6:10 12/7 to 10:30 my luggage allowance on original confirmation was reduced & flight time amended to 10:30.

Spoke to journalists @ sun and lawyers ... it’s a great story / case. GDPR, data protection & tampering with evidence ... we will see.

Bott & Co managed to win a case for me in 2018 Re industrial action outside Uk jurisdiction so we will see. :clap:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Yesterday was the day we should have arrived home from holiday so today I could apply for my train tickets refunded (Hull trains wouldn't do it until after the actual travel date).
Filled the form in online and had to print and send the unused tickets with it (normal procedure).

They gave me the address as - Freepost Hull Trains.

Never seen it before (don't use post much) but expected a PO Box Number or a post code at least.

However its correct :-

https://www.royalmail.com/business/mail ... epost-name

Never heard of this system before, you live and learn.