LUFCTALK Admin

Re: VE Day

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nice one NW, have just put out my old England scarfs hanging from the windows.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just had a walk around the estate & there’s a few Union Jacks up which is great to see.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

One of our neighbours has printed out an invitation asking us all to meet on our lawns at 16:00 to toast our armed forces. Strict distance to be kept.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:One of our neighbours has printed out an invitation asking us all to meet on our lawns at 16:00 to toast our armed forces. Strict distance to be kept.
Yes, we are all doing the same. 16.00 hours tea and scones on the front lawns. We are learning the art of conversation while shouting! I was at the very first one, don't think this will be a patch on that. We lived in a cul-de-sac and lots of people came from outside the cul-de-sac. Long tables down both sides, where they got all the stuff from during rationing is a mystery. As kids, we had never seen anything like it. After the feast, lots of games and fun. They got a piano out and my Dad, being a pianist, played all the 'requests'. He could play anything without needing musical score. There was a guy with a good singing voice also. But the best bit for us kids was the bonfire in the evening. We had pinched wood from everywhere over the previous month. We kept it going 'till midnight and it provided excellent baked potato's. That made such an impression on me that I can close my eyes and can see it all, even feel it all, as though it was only yesterday.

Have a great day guys and keep safe and well wherever you are.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

At this time of year over here seeing Union Jacks flying from homes and attacthed to lamp posts etc isn't an unusual sight. Today though there was 40's music blasting around and it felt totally differnet.

I said a quiet word for my Grandfather who served in WW2. I think he'd be proud that his son and grandsons followed in service.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

A wonderful impromptu party last night very well attended & everyone keeping a reasonable distance. We left at 10pm no idea what time the younger ones left.