Property in Spain

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Property in Spain

Post by Davycc »

We, T and myself have finally managed to work ourselves into the position of buying a small place in Spain. We have done all the usual homework re taxes etc and have decided to go for something cheap to start with then hopefully upgrade when we both retire.

Is the anyone here with experience of buying in Spain who could point out any unseen pitfalls or quirks in buying. I believe buying the local mayor a few drinks always helps :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Property in Spain

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We looked into it several times if your interested in buying on a complex check out the service charges. Try & find somewhere 90% residential otherwise it’s party party all the time. We looked at modern apartments as DIY isn’t high on my loves ( in fact it doesn’t exist) The other thing if buying on a complex make sure there’s plenty of shops nearby, if the only supermarket is owned by the complex expect sky high prices. Now we’re no longer in the EU think about health insurance, could be expensive if it’s like BUPA.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We looked into it several times if your interested in buying on a complex check out the service charges. Try & find somewhere 90% residential otherwise it’s party party all the time. We looked at modern apartments as DIY isn’t high on my loves ( in fact it doesn’t exist) The other thing if buying on a complex make sure there’s plenty of shops nearby, if the only supermarket is owned by the complex expect sky high prices. Now we’re no longer in the EU think about health insurance, could be expensive if it’s like BUPA.
Buying on a complex isn't really what we are looking for so service charges shouldn't be an issue. We like off the tourist track so usually away from the coast (prices for everything is much cheaper) As long as the is a village shop for the necessities and a local bar then we're good. I had my own DIY business for a few years until injury made me quit so I enjoy a bit of a challenge, though I have my limits lol. We had planned on going looking just as this CORVID thing kicked in.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:We looked into it several times if your interested in buying on a complex check out the service charges. Try & find somewhere 90% residential otherwise it’s party party all the time. We looked at modern apartments as DIY isn’t high on my loves ( in fact it doesn’t exist) The other thing if buying on a complex make sure there’s plenty of shops nearby, if the only supermarket is owned by the complex expect sky high prices. Now we’re no longer in the EU think about health insurance, could be expensive if it’s like BUPA.
Buying on a complex isn't really what we are looking for so service charges shouldn't be an issue. We like off the tourist track so usually away from the coast (prices for everything is much cheaper) As long as the is a village shop for the necessities and a local bar then we're good. I had my own DIY business for a few years until injury made me quit so I enjoy a bit of a challenge, though I have my limits lol. We had planned on going looking just as this CORVID thing kicked in.
If you buy out in the sticks, knowing the lingo is top priority. I recommend Googling what 'pint of beer' is in Spanish. Shouldn't need much more than that. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Una cerveza por favor our as near be damned. That’s all part of the attraction being away from the tourist hangouts, brushing up on my Spanish lol
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Watch a Place in the Sun it’s amazing how the potential buyers put in bids way, way below the asking price & it’s accepted. Plus you get to see Danni Menzies :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Watch a Place in the Sun it’s amazing how the potential buyers put in bids way, way below the asking price & it’s accepted. Plus you get to see Danni Menzies :D
Not been silly but why not apply to be on place in the sun. Never know you may get on and the worst case scenario is you get a free holiday :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:http://www.aplaceinthesun.com
We've been through all th esites and this is by far the best in our opinion, we had to keep whittling down our favourites lol
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders