Pubs reopening

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Pubs reopening

Post by Deleted User 728 »

hashtagleedsunited wrote:It's a funny old world.

I am looking forward more to seeing the extent of the boycott of 'Spoons after his treatment of staff,
more so than getting to a pub with lots of people whose inhibitions ease off, once the drinks in!!
Just imagine 8pm, sensible measures including social distancing...
11pm talking up close and personal, more condensation and moisture breath;
lots more people, pushing and shoving;
and the toilets getting packed and sanitary levels go down....

Nah, I will wait until it is more sensible (i.e. R value approximately zero)

If the queues outside Primark and Sports Direct are anything to go by, I'm pretty sure the boycott idea will be the last thing on people's minds.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
hashtagleedsunited wrote:
I am looking forward more to seeing the extent of the boycott of 'Spoons after his treatment of staff,
Not a favourite chain of mine I must admit always thought it was sad seeing some old bloke half way down a pint at 09:30 in a morning. People will still use them because they’re cheap.,
As late as that ? :problem:
You should see the one nearest me. Bacon and beer for breakfast as soon as they open ..
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

It's an interesting one isn't it? From a personal point of view I'm happy to let them carry on being closed for a good while yet. From a professional point of view though I have to consider my livelihood. I am a full time Quiz setter / Presenter and DJ working 4 nights a week. 3 nights in one pub and one in another. I haven't worked since March and have had to rely on government help for the first time in my life. I really want to get back working but I must admit I'm fearful of all this re-opening of pubs and can't see how it's going to work well at all.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Emley White wrote:It's an interesting one isn't it? From a personal point of view I'm happy to let them carry on being closed for a good while yet. From a professional point of view though I have to consider my livelihood. I am a full time Quiz setter / Presenter and DJ working 4 nights a week. 3 nights in one pub and one in another. I haven't worked since March and have had to rely on government help for the first time in my life. I really want to get back working but I must admit I'm fearful of all this re-opening of pubs and can't see how it's going to work well at all.
I feel for you, EW. I have a mate who DJ's full time and he's desperate to get back to work asap. I love going to the pub for the football, quiz nights in midweek and the odd karaoke set-up on a Sun! However, I think re-opening them this soon is utter madness. It'll be pretty easy to police it from dinner-time to something like tea-time, people will use their brains and keep their distance, or at least I hope they would! But come night time and people have had a few, I can only see problems. I would've like to have seen pubs just opening at lunchtime and then shutting at a time around 5-6.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:
hashtagleedsunited wrote:It's a funny old world.

more so than getting to a pub with lots of people whose inhibitions ease off, once the drinks in!!
Just imagine 8pm, sensible measures including social distancing...
11pm talking up close and personal, more condensation and moisture breath;
lots more people, pushing and shoving;
and the toilets getting packed and sanitary levels go down....

Nah, I will wait until it is more sensible (i.e. R value approximately zero)

If the queues outside Primark and Sports Direct are anything to go by, I'm pretty sure the boycott idea will be the last thing on people's minds.
I've seen the Weatherspoon's boycott on other football websites.
I once played against Don Revie.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

DominanceUK wrote:
Emley White wrote:It's an interesting one isn't it? From a personal point of view I'm happy to let them carry on being closed for a good while yet. From a professional point of view though I have to consider my livelihood. I am a full time Quiz setter / Presenter and DJ working 4 nights a week. 3 nights in one pub and one in another. I haven't worked since March and have had to rely on government help for the first time in my life. I really want to get back working but I must admit I'm fearful of all this re-opening of pubs and can't see how it's going to work well at all.
I feel for you, EW. I have a mate who DJ's full time and he's desperate to get back to work asap. I love going to the pub for the football, quiz nights in midweek and the odd karaoke set-up on a Sun! However, I think re-opening them this soon is utter madness. It'll be pretty easy to police it from dinner-time to something like tea-time, people will use their brains and keep their distance, or at least I hope they would! But come night time and people have had a few, I can only see problems. I would've like to have seen pubs just opening at lunchtime and then shutting at a time around 5-6.
Probably 25% of claimants where I work are from the Hospitality and Events sector. I have to keep them upbeat and positive and tell them "Hopefully you'll be back at work in July..." but it terrifies me, to be honest.
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

Thanks guys, appreciate the support.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Fair enough, open the pubs, we have to get the economy back on track and in this thread alone there are many working/who know others working in the industry - good luck to all.

One observation though, is it not asking for trouble opening on a Saturday. Surely the sensible option would be to open on the following Monday or Tuesday, allow the pubs etc to get used to it a bit, before the madness of a weekend.

Absolutely guaranteed to get the idiots going on that first Saturday.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

We are ahead of your guys in the UK, our pubs have been open for a few weeks and yes i have gone in one so far, wasn't many people around. First thing you had to do was wash your hands with sanitiser then sign in, usually name and mobile phone number, some will ask for what time you arrived and departed. I've known some to actually do the temperatures of people entering. People have been social distancing which is good but you will always get 1 or 2 which will break those rules.

To eat whether its a restaurant, brewery or pub you have to pre-book no matter what or you won't get in.

For NSW because of that we have had no spikes in cases and most of ours are people coming back from overseas. Victoria is different they have had spikes but thats mainly due to the fact they have given all these warnings about the virus in English and alot of the places that have cases have people who dont' have Engish as their first language.

Since the virus has appeared i actually have enjoyed drinking at home which is different as i never used to drink at home from 18-40 yrs old.

So far pubs have not increased cases for us, there have been more cases come from the people protesting. I know the situation is completely different between our countries so for your sakes i hope the cases do not increase.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Can’t see any pleasure in this if I’m honest

This is from the governments official guidelines for pubs and bars ..
1- Must keep records of all customers and contact details for 21 days in case a coronavirus outbreak is reported.
2- No live performances .- drama , comedy , dances or music.
3- No loud music or tv sport to prevent people having to shout- spreading the virus.
4- More tables outside if possible.
5-Cap numbers allowed in.
6- Drinkers will have to book ahead to visit some pubs.
7- Provide hand sanitisers and social distance markings
8- Contactless payment
9- Table service to avoid queuing at the bar
10- Customers banned from standing at the bar.
11- Condiments in disposable sachets and not bottles.
12- Ban on going indoors if it rains and there is not enough room for social distancing.
Winner of the Europa League