Robbie Earle speaking from the heart about Burnley and BLM

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Robbie Earle speaking from the heart about Burnley and B

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Davy, I'm still trying to work out from your post what you meant exactly.

I think you're saying that people posting "All lives matter" on the socials are idiots and that's what's harming BLM.
Am I right ?
You are mate, excuse my dribble.

What I'm saying is a statement such as "All Lives Matter" should not in any decent society cause offence or indeed harm a very important movement. Fast forward 200 years (hopefully it's not the far away) when racism is gone, unheard of, people are just people. A slogan on a billboard saying "All Lives Matter" wouldn't be associated with pain and hurt it would be just a true statement.

It's not the phrase thats wrong it's, it's the why it's being used to BE RACIST in using it.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Can we not use terms like 'idiots' please, I don't think it's appropriate on this forum.

My request might annoy but the term jarred with me a while back but I decided not to comment.

This is also me posting as a forum user and not as a mod :)
Fair enough.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

rigger wrote:Of course all lives matter, but the point is black lives matter more right now all around the world.

It's not enough to be a non-racist : we need to be actively anti-racist or the far right will take over and we'll be back to the 1930s again.
This entire movement is strikingly similar to what has happened in Northern Ireland, on a "political"front.

Civil rights marchers had been injured in protests against the obvious sectarian division of inequality and 2nd class citizens, which was in fact perpetuated by the governing bodies at that time.

Sadly, the vacuum created by "turning a blind eye" and refusing to accept the basic entitlement of equality resulted in a more aggressive and violent stance been taken by so called "freedom fighters".

My hope is that this society is more evenly balanced and history doesn't repeat itself, this time in the perpetuation of governments failings to address simple issues like fairness and equality, towards a racist and broken future.

Before the good Friday agreement, many in the business and community had a very progressive campaign to educate and inform....
with a simple message.... TO BE ANTI-SECTARIAN.

IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO BE NON-RACIST...... WE ALL NEED TO BE MORE CONSCIOUS AND ANTI-RACIST.
The Squirrel
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by The Squirrel »

Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:Image
You could add a line in that poster for the future, remove the word all and take away the indirect racism and just simply say Lives Matter but thats for another time hopefully soon at the minute, sadly, we need to focus on "Black Lives Matters"
Yeah, except BLM has zero legitimacy in the UK. Between 2009 ans 2019, 163 people have died in police custody, of which 86% were white. The police here only killed one non white person in the UK in 2019 and he was a terrorist, so unless BLM are making a different point, they are simply insulting our police officers.
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

The Squirrel wrote:
Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:Image
You could add a line in that poster for the future, remove the word all and take away the indirect racism and just simply say Lives Matter but thats for another time hopefully soon at the minute, sadly, we need to focus on "Black Lives Matters"
Yeah, except BLM has zero legitimacy in the UK. Between 2009 ans 2019, 163 people have died in police custody, of which 86% were white. The police here only killed one non white person in the UK in 2019 and he was a terrorist, so unless BLM are making a different point, they are simply insulting our police officers.
WOW, what a BS comment!! :oops: :evil:

You have missed the point by a country mile, even more than Alioski's attempt which almost hit the roof yesterday.

BLM is NOT just about counting the number of blacks dying in police custody,
it IS about equality, freedom and justice and everything that systemic and institutionalised racism represents.

#BLM
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

The Squirrel wrote: Yeah, except BLM has zero legitimacy in the UK. Between 2009 ans 2019, 163 people have died in police custody, of which 86% were white. The police here only killed one non white person in the UK in 2019 and he was a terrorist, so unless BLM are making a different point, they are simply insulting our police officers.
Right.
Where shall I start with this ?

BLM is NOT just about the police.
It's about systemic, institutional and constitutional racism.
Do you know what those terms mean ?
It's about unconscious and conscious racism in organisations and countries, the kind of racism that people don't even think about because it's been there so long.

It's about positive discrimination and the Rooney rule and South Africa's 1 in 10 policy for all organisations employing ten or more people.
It's about visibility, representation and opportunity.
It's about changing mindsets.
Breaking stereotypes.
Changing lives and society for the better.

Do you know, for example, how many non-white people are on all the sporting governing bodies in this country ?
I'm talking football, rugby, cricket, athletics, the Olympics, equestrianism, racing, rowing, cycling, motor racing, etc .. you name the sport and put them all together, how many non-white faces are on those boards ?

Four.

That's just sport.

Please watch the Robbie Earle video.
You can actually skip about 90 seconds of the middle of it where the two white people are talking about it and just listen to his bits at the beginning and the end.
Then come back in here and tell me again that it's irrelevant.

Go on.
Do that.

Please.