Curries

Post by NottinghamWhite »

How do you like your curry ?
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Curries

Post by Barlow Boy »

My favourite meal of all time, whatever dish I have I always ask for it Madras hot.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Coincidence or what. Just at talking around 1pm today and we decided for our last meal out we'd do Indian and that very question came up lol. I love a good curry but medium for me.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Depends on the dish and the cuisine itself.

I used to order everything madras hot too, but that was when I was drinking ;)

I had a fahl (spelling ??) once and was so drunk it didn't register on the actual night .. but the day after was interesting :o

We've got a good Thai place that delivers and they do a nice hot red curry, but we also go to a Malaysian-run pan-Asian place in town - cheap and cheerful but often full with Asian families - and their salt and pepper prawns are hotter than any of their curries that I've tried.

Funny thing is, I really love a passanda and that's as mild as a korma.

Went to that big place in Leeds once - right in town, down a side-street - where they hang their naans from a stand :D
Bloody lovely keema in there :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I love my Indian food but a Jalfrezi is about as hot as I like. We have an excellent restaurant/takeaway near us so use it a lot.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

When I was married to my first wife during the summer I worked from 18:00-20:30 seven nights a week as my wife only worked part time. The hotel provided me with a meal every night but on a Thursday I’d phone home & say I was picking up a curry would she like one, no thanks came the answer. When I arrived home she’d take the curry off me & split it between two plates taking half my supper. I thought you didn’t want anything I asked well I didn’t half an hour ago. Used to really hack me off :twisted:
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Love curry but like it served 50/50 or half rice half chips. Raita and mango chutney are required as are a garlic and tomato naan and poppadoms. I can remember many years ago if you had a curry in a hotel you were offered a tray that had sultanas, bananas, raw onion and tomatoes on it. I like Indian, Thai, Nepalese and Vietnamese curries.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote: I had a fahl (spelling ??) once and was so drunk it didn't register on the actual night .. but the day after was interesting :o
Phaal is pretty much the hottest curry you can get I believe, I’ve never tried one, I did try a vindaloo once and that was a bit much for my liking, hence the drop down to madras. A mate of mine once got a korma on a night out, I tried a bit of it and it was like soup to me, but it’s each to their own I guess.
rigger wrote: Went to that big place in Leeds once - right in town, down a side-street - where they hang their naans from a stand :D
Bloody lovely keema in there :D
I’m guessing, but I think you’re referring to Akbar’s, without doubt one of the best around. They have a restaurant in York which I’ve been to a few times.

Similar to NW, we are fortunate to have a fantastic restaurant/take away near us. Massive portions, and never fail to be 10/10 every time.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I’ve mentioned on here before we love on our cricketing travels we try out many different Indian restaurants but by a country mile the best is Guddi & Gikki in Taunton. This is Thali cuisine & for our 5 night stay we eat here at least twice it’s absolutely wonderful. If your expecting linen table clothes, matching crockery, crystal glasses & flock wallpaper this isn’t for you. If it’s out of this world food, exceptional service & fantastic atmosphere then this is the place for you. Really missed our visit this year.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Akbar's ! That's the badger.

Went to a cracking place in Selby too - I think it used to be the town hall or some kind of community building because it was an amazing place with really high ceilings and stunning interior décor.

I'm sure someone will tell me the name of that too :)