Insignificant things that annoy you

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Insignificant things that annoy you

Post by ChilwellWhite »

People who don’t use deodorant during hot weather. Come on folks it ain’t difficult think of others. Stood behind a guy at the cash point today and that sweet sickly smell was so overpowering a quick squirt and sorted but no chance
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I've had a moan on here before about people who don't turn the TV off when you arrive at their home in case, presumably, your conversation isn't interesting enough for them.

I don't particularly care for lads walking down the street without a top on in hot weather, think it's unique to the UK among European countries. It looks uncooth not to mention the danger of skin cancer to our fair-skinned population.

People who pile their plates up at a buffet and then leave half of it. I've seen people (in Colombia, for example) with genuine hunger who could have benefitted from that food.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

People who use their teeth to take food off their fork. That scraping noise it makes goes right through me. And it can't be good for their teeth either...
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Using a stainless steel spoon to empty a pan really grates on me a little like the effect people get with balloons.
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Traffic lights on the smallest of roadworks on the quietest of roads, sometimes when the work is not on the road at all, all roadworks nowadays seem to have traffic lights when in the past a bit of common sense was all that was required, and 3 way roadwork lights too, why why why if the sideroad doesnt have lights normally then it doesnt need them when there are roadworks
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

The knives on cutlery is one of Jeanna's biggest gripes.
We had breakfast in a café the other morning and there was a young man at the next table, eating with his dad.
He held his knife and fork almost vertically, made one cut of his sausage, bacon or whatever and then scraped it across the plate.
He did this several times.
It was almost like it was deliberate.
There was smoke coming from Jeanna's ears and she can shoot the deadliest of looks when she wants to.
It was a Sunday and we were sitting outside so other than that it was a nice, chilled moment.

Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't end up with the knife through his windpipe ..
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Workmen who think it’s acceptable to start hammering etc at 07:05 surely there should be some rule as to when they can start work.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Workmen who think it’s acceptable to start hammering etc at 07:05 surely there should be some rule as to when they can start work.
... er .. there is : it's called The Noise Abaitment Act I believe and the hours where they can make a racket are between 07:00 and 23:00 unless I'm very much mistaken.

So .. :D
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

My Dad chews jelly - aaaargh
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Really going off on one now crisps or the ever decreasing amount you get in a bag these days. Seriously the amount has gone to ridiculous levels, where have all the crisps gone :twisted: