Insignificant things that annoy you

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Insignificant things that annoy you

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I’ll start, burglar alarms they constantly go off but everyone just ignores them so what’s the point of them ? There’s a house near is and they are top of the league for the thing going off. Car alarms as well fall into this category.

What annoys you ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Insignificant things that annoy you

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Cyclists who think the pavement is a cycle track, it isn’t. We have a lovely nature reserve on our doorstep, Attenborough NR a lovely place to walk along the River Trent where cyclists ring their bells for you to step aside & more often than not without a thank you. Like everything in life there’s cyclists who do neither of the aforementioned but sadly they’re on the increase.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

People at the cricket, especially on a Sunday who spend the who day reading the newspaper & the supplement. Why ?

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Cyclists who think the pavement is a cycle track, it isn’t. We have a lovely nature reserve on our doorstep, Attenborough NR a lovely place to walk along the River Trent where cyclists ring their bells for you to step aside & more often than not without a thank you. Like everything in life there’s cyclists who do neither of the aforementioned but sadly they’re on the increase.
Unbelievable nowadays I think there are more ride on the pavements than on the roads.
Last year a young girl rode into the back of Cathy fortunately didn't do any damage. She didn't even apologise and looked at me gormless whe I told her there is a clue in the name "footpath".
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Selby White wrote:
Unbelievable nowadays I think there are more ride on the pavements than on the roads.
Last year a young girl rode into the back of Cathy fortunately didn't do any damage. She didn't even apologise and looked at me gormless whe I told her there is a clue in the name "footpath".
We have mile upon mile of cycle paths here but still they use the pavement which runs adjacent to the path.
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

People who don't use the indicators on their cars.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

We get a lot of pavement riders down here. I purposefully walk straight towards them so as they have to move which is always followed by the comment “ there’s a road there” the worst ones are those in full Sky replica kit or cyclists who stop the traffic to cross on zebra crossings. :evil:
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

People who use mobile phones on public transport why do I want to know what a complete stranger is doing that night. Last time I went on the train I deliberately sat in the quiet carriage but it didn’t stop a couple talking on their phones. I went off to find the guide who did have words with them and they actually moved carriages.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Smokers who throw their cigarette ends on the floor for someone else to pick up.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Smokers who throw their cigarette ends on the floor for someone else to pick up.
Agreed but litter is becoming a real problem full stop. Walking where I live there’s litter less than 6’ from a bin. Some of the photos taken at Elland Road and Anfield highlight this. Beauty spots and beaches other targets for litter louts. As far as I’m aware it’s still against the law to leave litter but there’s absolute zero policing on this.