Insignificant things that annoy you

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Insignificant things that annoy you

Post by NottinghamWhite »

How WOKE is moving into sport ie: cricket where bowlers can no longer bowl a ‘chinaman’ & a batsman is now a batter. Batter is something that goes on my haddock at the fish & chip shop. :twisted:
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:How WOKE is moving into sport ie: cricket where bowlers can no longer bowl a ‘chinaman’ & a batsman is now a batter. Batter is something that goes on my haddock at the fish & chip shop. :twisted:
Was reading an article on exactly this topic recently. This 'woke' move is supported by a fairly insignificant body of opinion but unfortunately, have influence in some key areas. I think the best approach is to ignore it and continue to use the traditional terms. These 'wokists' hate nothing more than being ignored.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:How WOKE is moving into sport ie: cricket where bowlers can no longer bowl a ‘chinaman’ & a batsman is now a batter. Batter is something that goes on my haddock at the fish & chip shop. :twisted:
Was reading an article on exactly this topic recently. This 'woke' move is supported by a fairly insignificant body of opinion but unfortunately, have influence in some key areas. I think the best approach is to ignore it and continue to use the traditional terms. These 'wokists' hate nothing more than being ignored.
Are you not listening !!!!!!!!
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

johnh wrote:
Mainly the BBC and other media channels john.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Philip Schofield can’t stand the man, yet he gets so much work he’s on virtually everything.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Philip Schofield can’t stand the man, yet he gets so much work he’s on virtually everything.
Total agreement with this :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I’m the same with Rylan Clark-Neal although I have to agree about Schofield ever since he came “ out “ he’s not been off our TV screens. Or the absolute waste of space is Gemma Collins.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Reality stars full stop. People riding pushbikes on the pavement and expecting you to step out of the way :twisted:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I’m the same with Rylan Clark-Neal although I have to agree about Schofield ever since he came “ out “ he’s not been off our TV screens. Or the absolute waste of space is Gemma Collins.
Bigger waste than most !
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Bottled water, why would anyone spent their hard earned on something that’s available from a tap. I appreciate in third world countries bottled water is necessary but in the UK ? Then there’s the water snob who’ll only drink certain brands. Don’t even get me started on sparkling water, what the point it’s like supping Alka Seltzer.