Insignificant things that annoy you

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Insignificant things that annoy you

Post by NottinghamWhite »

kK I know where you are coming from I won’t go to a carvery awful places for greedy people imho. I was brought up in the 1950’s-60’s where to waste food was an absolute sin, yet people through greed pile their plates as high as possible & invariably leave a lot of food. My brother & his wife always but a small plate & fill it to its highest zenith to get as much on that plate as is possible. Apologies to carvery users but it’s not for me.
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:kK I know where you are coming from I won’t go to a carvery awful places for greedy people imho. I was brought up in the 1950’s-60’s where to waste food was an absolute sin, yet people through greed pile their plates as high as possible & invariably leave a lot of food. My brother & his wife always but a small plate & fill it to its highest zenith to get as much on that plate as is possible. Apologies to carvery users but it’s not for me.
All tastes the same after being under the same hood for a while too.

Similar to that, I was at a Country Harvest in Minnesota many years ago. Eat what you want for X dollars. My word, the waste. I was young and ate far beyond what I needed, but never forgot the feeling afterwards...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

kk white wrote:Noisy eaters...

I know it's a natural thing, some cannot help it (my fathers jaw clicked when he ate :evil: ), but I hate sitting in the office with a loud eater beside me.

Unfortunately for me, my kids are at an age where they lick EVERYTHING sweet before they eat it. Drives me mad, but I can't say too much, cos I remember myself how nice that was :D
I feel your pain - my dad chews jelly really loudly - so we never give him jelly.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Amazingly people who can’t use a knife and fork properly. See them in restaurants using a fork like a shovel :roll: Children through to teenagers who haven’t the basic grasp of using cutlery. Before our children were allowed out to eat we taught them how to use these items.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Amazingly people who can’t use a knife and fork properly. See them in restaurants using a fork like a shovel :roll: Children through to teenagers who haven’t the basic grasp of using cutlery. Before our children were allowed out to eat we taught them how to use these items.
I`m afraid i`m one of those CW, the way I hold my knife and fork must look very awkward to people but to me it feels natural, i have tried using the back of the fork but it just feels wrong, with the youngsters, I feel they may well be influenced by the American way of eating through films and You Tube.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

psquithy wrote:I feel your pain - my dad chews jelly really loudly - so we never give him jelly.
Chewing jelly, oh why? :o . But of course, I understand. We're not all perfect, or normal ;)
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Cold callers knocking on your door. We had 2 last night very persistent they were going to sell us whatever they were selling. A polite we’re not interested seemed to do the trick but they shouldn’t be there in the first place. Finally I know things are more relaxed with Covid-19 but they weren’t even wearing masks.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

BEWARE OF THE DOG sign on the gates has put a stop to cold callers lol
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Delivery drivers are now knocking on doors asking you to take other folks packages in, it’s a NO from me. A couple of years ago we had a package sat in our hallway as the people who’d ordered it had gone off on holiday. They eventually sent their daughter to pick it up. Saw the parents an hour later and not even a thank you from them. This morning at 07:50 DWP were delivering and knocking on every door wanting someone to take a package in. This company uses a very sophisticated tracker so the intended recipricantt knows exactly where their package is, no excuses.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

The latest fashion for women especially younger women having cosmetic surgery or treatments, to me they look awful with those duck like lips.