Insignificant things that annoy you

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Insignificant things that annoy you

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:Drivers assuming you will let them through even though there's parked cars on either side of the road, when the courteous and sensible move would be for whoever comes across a gap first to pull in and let the other vehicle through.
In other words, aggressive driving.

It happens ALL the bloody time these days and I am sick of it.
I agree, they 'force' their way through and then rub salt in the wound by waving their hand in thanks.
I once played against Don Revie.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

After reading all of these I’m glad it’s not just me. :lol:
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CorkWhite »

Davycc wrote:Simple please and thank you they don't seem to be used anymore.
I do think people in general have good manners per se, but for each generation that comes along it has become a lot less than it used to be. I'm quiet old fashioned as I was taught that it costs nothing to be nice blah di blah di blah..... but its so true. I can't really blame the kids nowadays either. It's a society thing as back when my dad was a kid he would have got a smack across his face if he wasn't mannerly or respectful to his neighbors or people his parents knew and my word if it was the parish priest he somehow passed by without showing respect he got a lashing from the priest and then his parents for the shame of it. Those were different times and I never for one second condone that abusive behavior but I do think there was an element of fear in kids that they knew there were boundaries they shouldn't cross over or at least they were told and disciplined by the parents. In today's society you can't say or do anything to discipline your kids and they are molly cuddled far too much that they genuinely learn no manners at all.

When I was a kid i often got a clatter across the ears when i was being obtuse or disrespectful and my word the ears would ring for a good while and it would make you think twice about saying or doing something bad again..... I was always a rebel child though and those stinging ears just helped me to get more cuter in my ways :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:Simple please and thank you they don't seem to be used anymore.
I do think people in general have good manners per se, but for each generation that comes along it has become a lot less than it used to be. I'm quiet old fashioned as I was taught that it costs nothing to be nice blah di blah di blah..... but its so true. I can't really blame the kids nowadays either. It's a society thing as back when my dad was a kid he would have got a smack across his face if he wasn't mannerly or respectful to his neighbors or people his parents knew and my word if it was the parish priest he somehow passed by without showing respect he got a lashing from the priest and then his parents for the shame of it. Those were different times and I never for one second condone that abusive behavior but I do think there was an element of fear in kids that they knew there were boundaries they shouldn't cross over or at least they were told and disciplined by the parents. In today's society you can't say or do anything to discipline your kids and they are molly cuddled far too much that they genuinely learn no manners at all.

When I was a kid i often got a clatter across the ears when i was being obtuse or disrespectful and my word the ears would ring for a good while and it would make you think twice about saying or doing something bad again..... I was always a rebel child though and those stinging ears just helped me to get more cuter in my ways :D
I was never 'obtuse' as a kid - as I didn't know what it meant. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Not insignificant but it makes my blood boil every time I go to the Supermarket Or even Mini Market - like the Sainsburys mini market last night to see folk simply ignoring the requirement to wear face masks. Could not give a damn. And there is not a thing that anyone can do about it :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

People who spit in the street please don’t do this it’s disgusting it really is.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Why do sausages come in packs of 8 when most people would have 3 as a portion ?
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Why do sausages come in packs of 8 when most people would have 3 as a portion ?
That reminds of the Shredded Wheat advert back in the day, when the advert said “nobody can eat 3 Shredded Wheat” yet they were, and still are packed in threes.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

cheffy007 wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:Why do sausages come in packs of 8 when most people would have 3 as a portion ?
That reminds of the Shredded Wheat advert back in the day, when the advert said “nobody can eat 3 Shredded Wheat” yet they were, and still are packed in threes.
That is so true and daft :lol:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

You're eating the wrong sausages :o
Tesco Finest Range come in packs of six with Pork & Caramelised Onion my favourite :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.