Insignificant things that annoy you

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Insignificant things that annoy you

Post by kk white »

I've probably said this before, but people saying 'literally' when they mean 'virtually'... "My head literally exploded" :wtf:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

kk_white wrote:I've probably said this before, but people saying 'literally' when they mean 'virtually'... "My head literally exploded" :wtf:
Pacific instead of specific.
Been instead of being ;)
Of instead of have.

Like, especially when Americans say it.
"I goes, so then she goes, so then I go .."
Innit.
Safe.
Actually, pretty much all modern slang.

The thing is, I know parents in 1955 must have said the same thing about "cat, daddy-o, chick", etc and I'm sure in 2000BC they probably said the same about the way someone younger grunted at them ..
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Aks instead of Ask.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Opening a new bottle of milk, screwing the top off + having to peel that little lid thing off. Really gets to me for some reason. Opening tins with ring pulls we’ve now invested in a thingyajig that pulls it open.
Packaging generally.
I think I must have the grip strength of a four year old :problem:
The way screw caps are sealed on jars, I’m sure someone in the factory tightens them that little bit more every now and then just for a laugh.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:
rigger wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Opening a new bottle of milk, screwing the top off + having to peel that little lid thing off. Really gets to me for some reason. Opening tins with ring pulls we’ve now invested in a thingyajig that pulls it open.
Packaging generally.
I think I must have the grip strength of a four year old :problem:
The way screw caps are sealed on jars, I’m sure someone in the factory tightens them that little bit more every now and then just for a laugh.
I've got one at the moment. A jar of piccalilli that I can't open. I dislocated my thumb years ago and it didn't go back properly, so I haven't go a very strong grip on my right hand. Will have to get one of those gizmo's that NW has.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Her indoors asking rhetorical questions and getting het up when she doesn't get an answer! :lol:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Her indoors asking rhetorical questions and getting het up when she doesn't get an answer! :lol:

"Het up"

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My mum used to say that :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
kk_white wrote:I've probably said this before, but people saying 'literally' when they mean 'virtually'... "My head literally exploded" :wtf:
Pacific instead of specific.
Been instead of being ;)
Of instead of have.

Like, especially when Americans say it.
"I goes, so then she goes, so then I go .."
Innit. A chav in a box
Safe. A chav in a locked box
Actually, pretty much all modern slang.

The thing is, I know parents in 1955 must have said the same thing about "cat, daddy-o, chick", etc and I'm sure in 2000BC they probably said the same about the way someone younger grunted at them ..
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The modern trend when you phone a company & the person you’re talking to calls you by your christian name without asking you if it’s alright to do so. I find this practice disrespectful.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Another moan women mainly who go into supermarkets with their pj’s on :roll: What’s that all about ? First time I saw someone dressed like this my wife told me off for gawping at her.
Winner of the Europa League