Insignificant things that annoy you

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Insignificant things that annoy you

Post by Barlow Boy »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Smokers who throw their cigarette ends on the floor for someone else to pick up.
Agreed but litter is becoming a real problem full stop. Walking where I live there’s litter less than 6’ from a bin. Some of the photos taken at Elland Road and Anfield highlight this. Beauty spots and beaches other targets for litter louts. As far as I’m aware it’s still against the law to leave litter but there’s absolute zero policing on this.
Fortunately, I live in a very small village, so there is very little, if any, litter. A lady from the parish council goes round every so often picking up litter, she'll do well to get a small bread bag full.

In town, it’s a different matter, as you say empty packages or cartons literally a couple of yards away from bins. Sheer laziness.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

We are fortunate to live in an offshoot of a very long road which is a dead-end. The only litter we ever get is when the bin man drops something from a bin. It doesn't lay about for very long.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:I’ll start, burglar alarms they constantly go off but everyone just ignores them so what’s the point of them ? There’s a house near is and they are top of the league for the thing going off. Car alarms as well fall into this category.

What annoys you ?
God yes.

There is a house alarm near me that goes off on a regular basis and stays on for ages. I am hyper, on the spectrum, sound sensitive, extraneous repetitive noise makes :crazy: me crazy!

Banging doors, motor mowers and strimmers, other people's radios in the distance and car radios too loud, cars running their engines outside, etc. I have ear defenders for my DIY, but I now wear them anytime there is a horrible noise.

I work as a supply teacher, when I can. In the classroom it is children playing with their rulers and pencils whist I am talking to them. Confiscation time!

On one occasion, I confiscated a boy's table draw, because, in spite of me asking him more than once, to stop rattling it, he carried on doing it. At the end of the day, his mother complained to the teacher that I had 'violated her son's human rights', by confiscating the boys drawer! Obviously the teacher was fully supportive of my actions and we just had a laugh about it.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Frankie wrote: At the end of the day, his mother complained to the teacher that I had 'violated her son's human rights', by confiscating the boys drawer.
That’s just crazy, absolutely crazy.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

People who continue to read/look at their phone, anything other than to give canbin crew 2 minutes of their time during the safety brief. It would be those people who panic and cause issues in a real emergency.

A new one but similar. When leaving for Portugal Border Force stopped everyone at Belfast Int Airport and informed them that they needed to complete a form online stating where they would be staying upon their return - for self isolating purposes. This was repeated by the crew on board prior to departure. On arrival back at least 70% of passengers where giving off because they were being held up and had tto complete the forms on their phones etc before being allowed through customs. It must be an age thing but does anyone listen to instructions anymore?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Another cyclist moan when your sitting at the traffic lights & a cyclist pedals down the middle of the waiting cars without caring if they scratch a car. Cyclists riding two a breast holding traffic up. Maybe it’s time they started paying road tax
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Cyclists riding two a breast holding traffic up.
That is totally legal and is in the highway code.
Two abreast is fine.

Not always advisable, obviously, but legally fine.

I didn't want to post in here but I get a bit tired of people moaning about cyclists all the time : it's not all cyclists and you tend to notice the bad ones more than the swathes of law-abiding, sensible ones that know how to ride properly.
I could quite easily bang on about bad drivers - and a few people have in here already - but there is a significant number of idiots behind the wheel as well. As a cyclist, I notice them more than those of you who don't ride because it's my neck on the line when they don't look, don't signal, cut me up, force me on to the pavement, etc ..
I ride assertively - 1-2m from the kerb - and make cars go round me and a large number of drivers do so perfectly happily after waiting for the right moment. I ALWAYS signal a thank you with a hand up to show I appreciate it.
I get angry when I see people doing all the things you've listed about bad riders and I sometimes shout at them myself if I pass them, but like I said, there's idiots everywhere.

It's a shame the bad apples ruin it for everyone else, on both sides ..
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Cyclists riding two a breast holding traffic up.
That is totally legal and is in the highway code.
Two abreast is fine.

Not always advisable, obviously, but legally fine.

I didn't want to post in here but I get a bit tired of people moaning about cyclists all the time : it's not all cyclists and you tend to notice the bad ones more than the swathes of law-abiding, sensible ones that know how to ride properly.
I could quite easily bang on about bad drivers - and a few people have in here already - but there is a significant number of idiots behind the wheel as well. As a cyclist, I notice them more than those of you who don't ride because it's my neck on the line when they don't look, don't signal, cut me up, force me on to the pavement, etc ..
I ride assertively - 1-2m from the kerb - and make cars go round me and a large number of drivers do so perfectly happily after waiting for the right moment. I ALWAYS signal a thank you with a hand up to show I appreciate it.
I get angry when I see people doing all the things you've listed about bad riders and I sometimes shout at them myself if I pass them, but like I said, there's idiots everywhere.

It's a shame the bad apples ruin it for everyone else, on both sides ..

Started of on two wheels on the road as a Post Office Telegram boy on the massively power Puch two stroke mopeds. If you were lucky you got a fast one at the start of the day and could fly along at 20mph. You did get to appreciate cars, buses and lorries. I always found that bus and artic driver were the most considerate.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 2747

Barlow Boy wrote:
Frankie wrote: At the end of the day, his mother complained to the teacher that I had 'violated her son's human rights', by confiscating the boys drawer.
That’s just crazy, absolutely crazy.
Yep. You can bet that the children that have parents with this attitude, generally have persistantt disruptive and poor behaviour.
Some parents are the worst thing about teaching.
I could tell you a few tales.
Deleted User 2747

Davycc wrote:People who continue to read/look at their phone, anything other than to give canbin crew 2 minutes of their time during the safety brief. It would be those people who panic and cause issues in a real emergency.

A new one but similar. When leaving for Portugal Border Force stopped everyone at Belfast Int Airport and informed them that they needed to complete a form online stating where they would be staying upon their return - for self isolating purposes. This was repeated by the crew on board prior to departure. On arrival back at least 70% of passengers where giving off because they were being held up and had tto complete the forms on their phones etc before being allowed through customs. It must be an age thing but does anyone listen to instructions anymore?
Last time I flew, the people sat behind us, talked continuously whilst the cabin crew were doing the safety demo. I was fuming.
Such ignorant behaviour.