Insignificant things that annoy you

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Insignificant things that annoy you

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yeah, I did the same about two years ago after a couple of visits from the Kingdom Hall down the road from me.
Worked like a treat, though secretly I actually want them to knock so I can show them the sign myself :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Simple please and thank you they don't seem to be used anymore.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The amount of unwanted rubbish that’s put through your letterbox yesterday we had pizza takeaway menus, bags for old clothes, a gardener offering his services, another pizza menu & a paving company. Please stop putting stuff through the letterbox :twisted:
Has anyone else noticed? A lot of this stuff comes with the actual mail. They must have a contract with the Post Office?
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

johnh wrote:
Has anyone else noticed? A lot of this stuff comes with the actual mail. They must have a contract with the Post Office?
Yes we have actually feel for the postie who has to deliver all this junk mail. The worst culprits are SAGA they send out so much junk most of it heavy stuff as well. Must cost them a fortune if they’re doing it to all over 50’s. 99:9% of the stuff that comes via the postman goes straight in the bin.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
johnh wrote:
Yes we have actually feel for the postie who has to deliver all this junk mail. The worst culprits are SAGA they send out so much junk most of it heavy stuff as well. Must cost them a fortune if they’re doing it to all over 50’s. 99:9% of the stuff that comes via the postman goes straight in the bin.
In the days of 1/2p s we were paid 1/2p for every item delivered (worked out on the number of house in your "walk" which averaged around 300. If you had your own walk for a time you got to know who didn't want them so you didn't post them. If you didn't have mail for the address you never bothered with the "drops" my bad.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Lazy ba*)A&*s that pack their groceries into the car then leave the trolley in the parking space. Started a right argument yesterday with a couple at TESCO, every time they got into their car I put the trolley behind it. Three times it took until the woman walked it to the trolley park 3 SPACES AWAY.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Davycc wrote:Lazy ba*)A&*s that pack their groceries into the car then leave the trolley in the parking space. Started a right argument yesterday with a couple at TESCO, every time they got into their car I put the trolley behind it. Three times it took until the woman walked it to the trolley park 3 SPACES AWAY.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
johnh wrote:
Cost for SAGA even more than you think. They deliver to EVERY door as the Post Office (nor SAGA) know how old the occupants are.
I once played against Don Revie.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Davycc wrote:Lazy ba*)A&*s that pack their groceries into the car then leave the trolley in the parking space. Started a right argument yesterday with a couple at TESCO, every time they got into their car I put the trolley behind it. Three times it took until the woman walked it to the trolley park 3 SPACES AWAY.
Totally agree with this.

Another one is when someone is shopping and leaves their trolley in the middle of an aisle to get an item from another aisle.

A few years ago I was shopping in the local Asda with Mrs WW and the same lady shopper did this on about 3 or 4 occasions. I was getting more annoyed and said to the Mrs that I hoped for her sake that it didn't happen again. It did. Told the wife to look after our trolley while I took her almost full one and parked it about 4 aisles away.

Must admit, I watched her confused return with some satisfaction.
Deleted User 728

Drivers assuming you will let them through even though there's parked cars on either side of the road, when the courteous and sensible move would be for whoever comes across a gap first to pull in and let the other vehicle through.
In other words, aggressive driving.

It happens ALL the bloody time these days and I am sick of it.