Laminate Flooring or Fitted Carpet

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Laminate Flooring or Fitted Carpet

Post by Selby White »

Our Lounge carpet is overdue changing and we are deciding whether to go along the Laminate Flooring route.

What have you got or prefer?

Advantages or disadvantages?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Laminate Flooring or Fitted Carpet

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We have laminate in the kitchen, lino ( I’m sure it’s called summart else ) in the bathroom & carpet everywhere else.
Winner of the Europa League
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Laminate flooring looks great, helped out with some strategically placed rugs, to liven things up, but be aware, it does need regular cleaning, to avoid the dreaded tumbleweeds of dust which seem to gather in the corners!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

In the midst of freezing winter you can't beat fitted carpet. As Yorkfan says, laminate does require a regular (almost daily) clean.
I once played against Don Revie.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Not a laminate floor fan if I’m honest, too noisy.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I've got a mixture in my flat - upstairs I stripped and varnished the floorboards, but downstairs there's underfloor heating, so it's concrete with tiling over the top. I've got tiling in the kitchen, carpet in the hallway and living room.

Regarding keeping the wooden floors clean, I've got a big "Henry" hoover for the proper going-over - once a week usually - and a cordless jobbie for the whoosh around upstairs, and I do need both especially now I've got two cats.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Not a laminate floor fan if I’m honest, too noisy.
Yeah, your high heels look nice but they do tend to make a racket, don't they ? :wave: :lol:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Only place we have carpet now is on the stairs and landing. Tiles in kitchen and bathroom and laminate everywhere else. It does indeed need a regular hoover and we also use one of those steam jobbies peace of mind the floors are clean for the ankle biters.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Thanks Everyone interesting about the cleaning had thought the carpet would need cleaning more. We are currently working our way through the house and its a real toss of a coin whether its carpet again or Laminate Wood Flooring.

Was a new bathroom last year and we are in the process of new windows (ordered) and a new kitchen is been planned, so then the lounge & hallway carpets if the budget allows :shock:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

We have fitted carpets everywhere except for bathroom, en-suite and downstairs toilet which are tiled. The kitchen/dining room is half fitted carpet and half linoleum. Its a damn site easier to push the hoover around on the carpets than washing the tiles and linoleum.
I once played against Don Revie.