What are you currently listening to ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: What are you currently listening to ?

Post by Saxon »

As I had said earlier, been listening to a lot of Moody Blues recently. This song got my attention, don't know why, keeps coming back to me. Not really listening to the words, instrumental is like it's taking me on a long journey and never getting to the destination.
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

Anybody feeling down or worried about your future, listen to these words.
What you ain't got and what you got, what you have inside. Most of us have been both places sometime in our life.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

This is an unusual thread for me, not the posts or the subject it's probably the only thread I regularly pop into without posting myself. The variation in tastes, moods etc is really interesting.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Davycc wrote:This is an unusual thread for me, not the posts or the subject it's probably the only thread I regularly pop into without posting myself. The variation in tastes, moods etc is really interesting.
Agree with you Davy, I enjoy listening to others choices whether I know the artists or not, I think with music, people can be very loyal to their favourite groups as they are with their football teams, it is enjoyable discovering new music to enjoy, oh and i`m listening to the best of Dusty Springfield at the moment.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

LAsouthcoast wrote:
Davycc wrote:This is an unusual thread for me, not the posts or the subject it's probably the only thread I regularly pop into without posting myself. The variation in tastes, moods etc is really interesting.
Agree with you Davy, I enjoy listening to others choices whether I know the artists or not, I think with music, people can be very loyal to their favourite groups as they are with their football teams, it is enjoyable discovering new music to enjoy, oh and i`m listening to the best of Dusty Springfield at the moment.
Its a good point I find lots of folk stick to a limited era or style of music. Think I've changed as I've got older and listen all sorts nowadays rather than just the 70's stuff I grew up with although it is still in my collection and gets a play now and again.
Love music history and listen to older stuff, love albums & even CD's where you can read the sleeves as you play them. Got interested in the history of Chicago Blues along with its influence on some British 60's groups, have visited many blues clubs in the Windy City. Recommend anyone slightly interested to watch the film Cadillac Records which tells the story of the famed Chess Records.

So for me one day can be listening to some blues or maybe a crooner, next day a bit of Glam from the 70's, or a 60's classic group, maybe relax to some easy listening, just depends on the mood. Often visit Jazz Clubs when away although my Knowledge of Jazz isn't great.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Saxon wrote:Great band SW,I like both the original line up and later 70's version, especially vocals from Christine.
Just coincidence I had picked this Fleetwood song this morning. Shows how versatile this band was from classics like 'Black magic woman' to laid back 'Albatross' or 'Man of the World'.
Just played the "Mick Fleetwood Blues Band" album "Blue Again" where he goes back to his roots.

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Some Chicago Blues, sadly never got to see Magic play on any of my trips to the windy city, he passed away a few years back (2013), a true blues man.

Magic Slim & the Teardrops "Raising the Bar"

Saxon

Post by Saxon »

Selby White wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:
Its a good point I find lots of folk stick to a limited era or style of music. Think I've changed as I've got older and listen all sorts nowadays rather than just the 70's stuff I grew up with although it is still in my collection and gets a play now and again.
Love music history and listen to older stuff, love albums & even CD's where you can read the sleeves as you play them. Got interested in the history of Chicago Blues along with its influence on some British 60's groups, have visited many blues clubs in the Windy City. Recommend anyone slightly interested to watch the film Cadillac Records which tells the story of the famed Chess Records.

So for me one day can be listening to some blues or maybe a crooner, next day a bit of Glam from the 70's, or a 60's classic group, maybe relax to some easy listening, just depends on the mood. Often visit Jazz Clubs when away although my Knowledge of Jazz isn't great.

I also think it's very true that people tend to stick with certain eras and styles of music.
Also I've heard said that the music you remember and like best comes from the best period of your life, when you were happiest.
At a young age, like teen years, you are very easily influenced by trends, not only in music, and these stay with you.
My two favourite music styles, Soul and Blues Rock came at me from different directions. Soul, especially Stax record label, came at me like a hurricane in the mid 1960's, when going through life aimlessly, bouncing off the walls,it partially is responsible for changing my life for the good. Blues rock came not quite so rapid, but still based from that era, I could 'Feel' the music from the Rolling Stones, Cream, Free, Animals, bands that took traditional blues from the USA and gave them a shot of adrenaline. The Allman Brothers set the standard in the States. These basic styles and other good quality sounds is where I'm at now.
The songs I post on here, obviously I like them, If other people also like them, great.
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

Talking of the Allman Brothers, here in a more mellow mood.
First time I ever heard this song, 'Blue Sky', it registered and stayed with me ever since.
People rave about the guitar solo's, but highlight for me is the rhythm section grinding away behind the solo's, laying down perfect backdrop.
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

Just meandering around this morning, so much quality stuff out there,was going to do a soul roundup but got sidetracked. Here's 2 classic female voices from late 1970's.

See any faces in the lights? I'm sure if I looked at the images sideways I would see Vietnamese Revolutionary, Ho Chi Minh a few times.