What are you currently listening to ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: What are you currently listening to ?

Post by psquithy »

Slade - best of
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Last night : BBC Radio 3, London Jazz Festival.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:Last night : BBC Radio 3, London Jazz Festival.
Weird thing I rarely listen to Jazz at home but when we go away we always search out the Jazz clubs and spend an evening there.
Been to a good few over the years in various countries and always an excellent night out.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

psquithy wrote:Slade - best of
Some Crackers on there.
I grew up with my first music introduction been Glam Rock and Slade were my number one, still have most of their albums.
Shame most people nowadays only remember them for the Christmas song (which was playing in a Shop in town yesterday) because they did some excellent stuff and were massive in the early 70's. Still one of the best live concerts I've been to was when the played at Queens Hall in Leeds 72/73ish (also my first concert).
Deleted User 728

These days I only really listen to jazz, latin, country and a bit of electronica. Classical in the car because I don't like pop stations.

I was lucky enough to see Wynton Marsalis and his Jazz Orchestra at the Barbican about five years ago. They more or less covered the entire history of jazz, playing big band, swing, quartets and trios, film scores, more modern pieces and loads of stuff everyone knows, explaining the stories behind each as the evening progressed. He introduced a couple of up and coming players - both London teenagers - one on sax, one on trumpet, who took lead solos at times, while there were also a few jazz dancers on stage at various points in the evening.
The hall is stunning and the acoustics are immaculate, so all in all it was a very memorable occasion : a living legend leading it all, plus an audio-visual feast unfolding before your very eyes.
Most of the audience dressed up too - myself included - so it felt like some 1930s speakeasy where everyone knew they were privileged to be there :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Alan Titmarsh on Classic FM
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

NottinghamWhite wrote:Alan Titmarsh on Classic FM
Ch :roll:
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

Selby White wrote:
Some Crackers on there.
I grew up with my first music introduction been Glam Rock and Slade were my number one, still have most of their albums.
Shame most people nowadays only remember them for the Christmas song (which was playing in a Shop in town yesterday) because they did some excellent stuff and were massive in the early 70's. Still one of the best live concerts I've been to was when the played at Queens Hall in Leeds 72/73ish (also my first concert).
My first concert too SW but it was a little later for me - 1980 when I was 15 on the 'We'll Bring The House Down' tour. They were one of my first music loves though along with The Beatles, The Hollies, The Sweet and tons more. Pop music was a daily diet in our house being my dad's favourite hobby so that's why I have such a love for records having been introduced to them at even 6 or 7 years old.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just playing the Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris duet album "All the Roadrunning".
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

Emley White wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Some Crackers on there.
My first concert too SW but it was a little later for me - 1980 when I was 15 on the 'We'll Bring The House Down' tour. They were one of my first music loves though along with The Beatles, The Hollies, The Sweet and tons more. Pop music was a daily diet in our house being my dad's favourite hobby so that's why I have such a love for records having been introduced to them at even 6 or 7 years old.
I saw Slade at the Reading Festival in 1980 where they were a last minute replacement for what would have been Ozzy Ozbournes first solo gig. They were great and I have seen them a few times since.

Also met Dave Hill in a motorway services once.