Collections

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: Collections

Post by Emley White »

Records for me, a lifetime's passion, sold a load then started buying again and now up to 30000 singles. I also collect Leeds Utd footage, have recorded tons of stuff over the years on to video starting in the early 80s. Whenever we were on TV I recorded the game, the highlights, interviews etc.. Even when I lived in Cheshire I had an amplified aerial fitted so I could get Yorkshire TV for the Leeds clips on Calendar and the like. When the club started selling matches I bought a few of those too until it stopped. These are my treasured memories and I look forward to my retirement in years to come looking back and recalling some of the great games I attended.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Emley White wrote:Records for me, a lifetime's passion, sold a load then started buying again and now up to 30000 singles.
Seriously, you have 30,000 records :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

Oh yes BB, just had my garage converted into a record room as the loft and one bedroom was getting too much. Great to have my new set up. As I've not worked since March due to the coronavirus it's been a project I've enjoyed immensely. They're on ground level now, I have my decks in there, all carpeted out, a real man cave lol.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Emley White wrote:Oh yes BB, just had my garage converted into a record room as the loft and one bedroom was getting too much. Great to have my new set up. As I've not worked since March due to the coronavirus it's been a project I've enjoyed immensely. They're on ground level now, I have my decks in there, all carpeted out, a real man cave lol.
Not a record enthusiast but well done :clap: :clap:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Emley White wrote:Oh yes BB, just had my garage converted into a record room as the loft and one bedroom was getting too much. Great to have my new set up. As I've not worked since March due to the coronavirus it's been a project I've enjoyed immensely. They're on ground level now, I have my decks in there, all carpeted out, a real man cave lol.
That’s phenomenal :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Emley White wrote:Records for me, a lifetime's passion, sold a load then started buying again and now up to 30000 singles.
Seriously, you have 30,000 records :shock:
That is one big number :clap: prompted me to count up mine -
Around 300 CD's
150ish Vinyl albums
A few singles but not many (less than 50).
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.