Smart TV

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Smart TV

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Yes, I know nobody has DVD’s anymore,
You are not alone we've still got one as have a decent collection of DVDs. In fact still have a VHS player hooked up as have a few old tapes including some excellent Leeds Utd ones.
:D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
You are not alone we've still got one as have a decent collection of DVDs. In fact still have a VHS player hooked up as have a few old tapes including some excellent Leeds Utd ones.
Any idea how to stop the ‘whirring’ sound :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Any idea how to stop the ‘whirring’ sound :D
If it's the fan you could try give it a spray with a lubricant (wd40 maybe) just keep it away from the electrical bits. Possibly just the bearings dried out.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Sounds a bit OTT but I've a 65" smart Phillips TV. Love the picture on HD nature progs and appreciate the Netflix and now Amazon Prime apps.
Have now got both the above apps, recommended to a couple of friends who have said they make lockdown bearable so unbeknown to you you’ve helped a few people get through this awful time.
:thumbup: Always glad to help, mind you I know someone who says I'm making it unbearable.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Do NOT use WD40.
Take the lid off the player and use a vacuum cleaner (hose attachment) to clean it out.
It might be all it needs.
If not, buy some contact cleaner like this and use that - it evaporates harmlessly and doesn't gum anything up :)

EDIT : just found out that WD40 make their own contact cleaner, so apologies if that's what you meant all along :thumbup: