First legal drink

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

First legal drink

Post by NottinghamWhite »

What was your first legal drink. Mine was a pint of Cameron’s bitter. Cost 1/9p , about 8p in today’s money. What was yours.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: First legal drink

Post by johnh »

I grew up in a non-drinking environment. Neither of my parents drank, so I didn't. I had my first drink when I was doing my National Service in Singapore, aged 19. It was a cold bottle of Anchor beer and I used to have one (or two) after every game of football. 90 minutes in temperatures of 35C with 100% humidity was a big help! Used to love that Anchor beer. There was also Tiger beer, but I preferred Anchor. Never got drunk though and never have been.
I once played against Don Revie.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Not really sure what mine was.

It would have been a pint of either Thwaites bitter or Trophy bitter.

I know that the first alcoholic drink I would have been given would have been from a Watneys party 4 or party 7
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Not 100% what my first one was but my first local was a Whitbread pub so drank trophy there.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:What was your first legal drink. Mine was a pint of Cameron’s bitter. Cost 1/9p , about 8p in today’s money. What was yours.
1/9d, :D

I remember when I used to play Table Tennis, I was about 16. All the other members of the team were men and after away games they would always go into a convenient pub. I never drank but can remember the price of a pint was 10d. Change from a shilling!
I once played against Don Revie.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Mine was a light and bitter, stooped been popular once the weights and measures act came into play. No idea how much it cost.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

18th Birthday so would have been some crappy lager at one of the pubs before going home to have a party with Tooheys New (An Aussie beer which you could get in the UK back in the late 80's) and Guinness.

The crappy lager or Tooheys i would not touch nowadays even if it was free, don't mind the odd Guinness sadly its one of those beers that does not travel well once it leaves Ireland.

Price = no idea i wasn't buying that day ;)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.