Snooker Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Snooker Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

The biggest shock in the tournaments history, as amateur John Astley knocks out Neil Robertson :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:The biggest shock in the tournaments history, as amateur John Astley knocks out Neil Robertson :clap: :clap: :clap:
Is there going to be another rant about amateur's playing in pro tournaments?

I see news has surfaced about Shaun Murphy (who is a scratch golfer) playing golf in a professional competition. I wonder did any of the pro's complain about an amateur playing?
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:The biggest shock in the tournaments history, as amateur John Astley knocks out Neil Robertson :clap: :clap: :clap:

I see news has surfaced about Shaun Murphy (who is a scratch golfer) playing golf in a professional competition. I wonder did any of the pro's complain about an amateur playing?
Robertson was very gracious in defeat, Murphy was embarrassing - even though I sort of understand where he is coming from. He wouldn’t have said a word had he won the game.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote:

Robertson was very gracious in defeat, Murphy was embarrassing - even though I sort of understand where he is coming from. He wouldn’t have said a word had he won the game.
Missed Robertsons defeat but did have a chuckle at Murphy's rant basically saying when you read between the lines "I don't want amateurs in as they may beat, this should be a closed shop so we can share all the riches it brings".

Same mentality as those football clubs that wanted a Super League and couldn't give two hoots for the Sport.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Another shock as Ding departs York early, Astley (the conqueror of Robertson) also loses, along with Ali Carter and 147 man Gary Wilson.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Another shock as Ding departs York early, Astley (the conqueror of Robertson) also loses, along with Ali Carter and 147 man Gary Wilson.
Watching Hossein Vafaei beating Mark Selby, 4-0 at the interval.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Another shock as Ding departs York early, Astley (the conqueror of Robertson) also loses, along with Ali Carter and 147 man Gary Wilson.
Watching Hossein Vafaei beating Mark Selby, 4-0 at the interval.
Me too, 5-0 now.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

What a ridiculous finish :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:What a ridiculous finish :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Crazy last frame :crazy:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Now John Higgins is eliminated by Zhao Xintong, crazy times :crazy:.