Snooker Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Snooker Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Nicely set up for tonight at 4-4 with a couple of centuries each, superb standard.
Ridiculous standard, beer chilled for this evenings entertainment :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:Nicely set up for tonight at 4-4 with a couple of centuries each, superb standard.
Ridiculous standard, beer chilled for this evenings entertainment :D
Not quite what I expected :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

O'Sullivan not interested. Probably wouldn't have won if he had been on his game. Robertson was potting everything. I think Peter Ebdon will get the nickname 'Rocket' after watching Robertson. He walks three times round the table before every shot and then often changes his mind.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barlow Boy wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
kk_white wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Stephen Hendry embarks on his comeback tonight, interesting to see how he goes, playing Matthew Selt who is no mug.
Saw the second frame where Hendry nonchalantly racked up a century, then sat down as if it was nothing. Well done sir. Disliked him in his prime, but have grown to appreciate his brilliance over the years.
Pity it was the only frame he won.
Yes, Hendry knocking in that century was great to see, as I said Selt is no mug and his match practice showed in the end. Not sure how long Hendry will stand for being beaten on a regular basis, be great to see him at the big one next month though.
Stephen Hendry is my childhood hero but I'm not sure about coming back out of retirement. Let's be honest, how many players, from any sport, have come out of retirement and made an impact on their respective sports or even won things? Not many, I suspect
I tend to agree Dom, I can’t see Hendry making any impression, he’ll do well to come through the qualifiers to actually get to the Crucible (plays Jimmy White in his first qualifying match). Even if he does get there, he’ll make the second round absolute tops.
Not the best standard snooker match I’ve ever watched last night, for the record Hendry beat White 6-3, but Hendry won’t be going too far in the World Championship that is for sure (if he actually qualifies that is).
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Not completely unexpected, by me at least, but Hendry loses in his second qualifying match, to Xu Si, 6-1.

I listened to one of his interviews and Hendry stressed, time and again, how much better he will be next season once he has got more competitive games under his belt. It will be interesting to see how he gets on, but I won’t be backing him to win any tournaments in the near future.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Not completely unexpected, by me at least, but Hendry loses in his second qualifying match, to Xu Si, 6-1.

I listened to one of his interviews and Hendry stressed, time and again, how much better he will be next season once he has got more competitive games under his belt. It will be interesting to see how he gets on, but I won’t be backing him to win any tournaments in the near future.
Agree big believer in comebacks rarely work.

Remember a mate of mine who was a very good local footballer before packing in saying "You watch and think you can do better so have a go again only to realise why you retired in the first place".
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Just watching the last round of the qualifying tournament for the World Championships which start on Saturday.

Serious stuff now, £20,000 guaranteed prize money even if you go out in the first round.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Just watching the last round of the qualifying tournament for the World Championships which start on Saturday.

Serious stuff now, £20,000 guaranteed prize money even if you go out in the first round.
Not been following the qualifiers but looking forward to the main event starting.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Just watching the last round of the qualifying tournament for the World Championships which start on Saturday.

Not been following the qualifiers but looking forward to the main event starting.
Yes, looking forward to it.

We should have been there a week on Monday (26th) for the afternoon session, but, obviously that’s not happening now. Dreading it being ROS, or another big name :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Draw made, stand out ties for the first round for me....

Trump v Highfield

Ding v Bingham

McGill v Walden

Selby v Mafflin

Wilson v Wilson :D

Gilbert v Wakelin

Lisowski v Carter

Robertson v Wenbo