Snooker Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Snooker Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Mark Selby missed a pink into the middle when on for a 147 last night.
Think 134 may still be highest break so far.

Still it's only first day and there as already been at least 11 centuries :shock:
It was a tricky one into the middle pocket, but he was gutted, no specific prize on offer so at least that will not be on his conscience this morning.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Ronnie won his first round match today, to set up a second round against Jimmy White tomorrow lunchtime.

Acting as pundits, ROS is asked what he is doing in the morning before the game, he says he is going for an 8 mile run, Jimmy says immediately, can you go on that run and get lost :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Obvious who is going to win, but should be an entertaining watch.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Ronnie won his first round match today, to set up a second round against Jimmy White tomorrow lunchtime.

Acting as pundits, ROS is asked what he is doing in the morning before the game, he says he is going for an 8 mile run, Jimmy says immediately, can you go on that run and get lost :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Obvious who is going to win, but should be an entertaining watch.
Tend to only watch an evening match so will miss the Ronnie v Jimmy.

Little story, a good few years ago Jimmy came to do an exhibition at the Snooker Club in Selby and his car broke down so the owner (who i knew) of the Club drove him all the way back to London and ended up good friends with him, got him tickets to a few events as a guest.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Trump and Wilson depart the competition, didn’t see those two going so early.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Trump and Wilson depart the competition, didn’t see those two going so early.
Watched Trump in the last round yesterday and he was making a lot of errors compared to his usual standard.
Beat some young Chinese player I'd not seen previously but said at time it was a good job he wasn't playing anyone better, very much off the boil.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cracker of a final session in the offing tonight, Sullivan trailing Jordan Brown 5-3.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Cracker of a final session in the offing tonight, Sullivan trailing Jordan Brown 5-3.
Just caught last 3 frames this afternoon so looking forward to tonight.
Don't think I can recall seeing Brown before.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Cracker of a final session in the offing tonight, Sullivan trailing Jordan Brown 5-3.
Don't think I can recall seeing Brown before.
I watch that much snooker I think I’ve seen them all :lol:, he’s done well to get this far to be fair, ROS dominating tonight.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Best of 5 now, next frame massive I think.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Best of 5 now, next frame massive I think.
Just got a bit more interesting this, ROS blasting the balls will help Jordan into thinking ROS is losing the plot.