Snooker Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Snooker Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Some crackers today, Lisowski beats Carter 10-9, and Ding v Bingham goes to a decider.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Some crackers today, Lisowski beats Carter 10-9, and Ding v Bingham goes to a decider.
Missed the Lisowski game currently watching the Bing v Ding decider.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Think O'Sullivan will need his A game and a bit more tonight. 10-6 down to Anthony McGill first to 13.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Think O'Sullivan will need his A game and a bit more tonight. 10-6 down to Anthony McGill first to 13.
It’ll be a good watch, whilst he’s still got a few frames to play with (if you know what I mean), I’d still fancy ROS, he relishes these situations.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Robertson is getting painful to watch. In one frame today, he was obviously undecided about which red to take. There were four easy reds and he set up behind each one as though he was going to pot them. Then went and got his extension, set up again and then took his extension off. After what seemed like an eternity, he played what seemed to be the obvious one. If Ebdon had done it, everyone would be up in arms.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Robertson is getting painful to watch. In one frame today, he was obviously undecided about which red to take. There were four easy reds and he set up behind each one as though he was going to pot them. Then went and got his extension, set up again and then took his extension off. After what seemed like an eternity, he played what seemed to be the obvious one. If Ebdon had done it, everyone would be up in arms.
Have said same thing for a long time, if he's winning easy he is fine. Under pressure he slows it to snails pace, gets up and down more than a yoyo.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:Think O'Sullivan will need his A game and a bit more tonight. 10-6 down to Anthony McGill first to 13.
It’ll be a good watch, whilst he’s still got a few frames to play with (if you know what I mean), I’d still fancy ROS, he relishes these situations.
Well that's two back already
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

In the last two frames, McGill suddenly found his earlier form again. 13-12 win.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Well that's two back already
What a game that was, fair play to McGill, some bottle that, especially after last year v Wilson.

Great game, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Amazing to pull that out in the last two frames, so tough as he must have been mentally scrambled or as John Parrott said spaghetti between the ears.