Snooker Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Snooker Thread

Post by Selby White »

Due the fact of a few of us enjoy Snooker and the amount of posts on the Sports Newsflash thread its been suggested we give it a thread of its own.

So here it is :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Snooker Thread

Post by Selby White »

So who do we think will win the Semi finals ?

Bingham v Bingtao

Gilbert v Higgins

I fancy Bingtao to get to the final in the battle of the Bings but its difficult to see past Higgins if he gets anywhere near last nights form.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Yeah, good idea, we were taking over the thread the newsflash thread :D.

The Masters looks like Higgins’ to lose now, can’t see Gilbert stopping him getting to the final (although I hope he does - probably my favourite player at the moment). The other semi between Bingham and Bingtao could be a close affair though.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Selby White wrote:Due the fact of a few of us enjoy Snooker and the amount of posts on the Sports Newsflash thread its been suggested we give it a thread of its own.

So here it is :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

The tournament that keeps on giving, another final frame decider this afternoon, and another fantastic game tonight, currently 4-4.

Absolutely fantastic stuff.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:The tournament that keeps on giving, another final frame decider this afternoon, and another fantastic game tonight, currently 4-4.

Absolutely fantastic stuff.
The miss on the blue will stop him sleeping tonight, critical moment as thought Higgins was there for the taking at that stage.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Impressive victory for Yan Bintao last night. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Suspect over the coming seasons we will see far more Chinese players in the later stages of major tournaments.
In my view to their credit the Chinese are a nation that breeds dedication and fantastic temperament, if they take to a sport which they appear to be with snooker they will produce top performers.

Saying that don't take my predications as fact, back in the early 80's I said it wouldn't be long before an African nation won the World Cup :crazy:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Another fantastic game to finish off a fantastic tournament, so many close games.

I know you’ve mentioned the Chinese guys winning the bigger tournaments previously SW, Ding is obviously up there already and Yan has now won a big one (although it wasn’t a ranking event and Judd wasn’t there). Personally, I’m not so sure, the bigger tournaments are over longer formats, where the better players tend to do well, and I see several players in front of them at the moment, Trump, Ronnie, Selby, Higgins, Robertson, Wilson etc. Interesting one to watch though.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Did anyone watch the after match interviews? Higgins was interviewed first and all he talked about was how he lost the match, the inference being that the winner was lucky to win. It was only when the BBC interviewer raised the question of how well Yan Bintao played that Higgins (reluctantly) agreed.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Did anyone watch the after match interviews? Higgins was interviewed first and all he talked about was how he lost the match, the inference being that the winner was lucky to win. It was only when the BBC interviewer raised the question of how well Yan Bintao played that Higgins (reluctantly) agreed.
Missed the interviews but doesn't surprise me.
As I said in the other thread I'm not a fan of Higgins since he got away lightly with the match fixing about 10 years back.
Got a hefty fine £75,000 which is peanuts to him given what he's earned since.

Any Sportsperson that gets involved with match fixing should never play again in my view.