Snooker Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Snooker Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Are you going BB?

We are there a week tomoz for the afternoon session.
Assuming you are going tomorrow SW, a couple of decent games in the afternoon, might not last long though :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Left home 9am to grab a breakfast at our local cafe in Selby before train to York and the Barbican.

Two matches ROS versus Noppon Saengkham and Peter Lines (Leeds lad) versus zhou.
ROS didn't have it all his own way the Thai player led 3-2 at one stage until the Rocket produced his best.

Obviously supported the Leeds lad against the Chinese youngster but in the end it was the main from China who had too much class.
Great seats 3rd row and could see both tables.
Got on front row for last couple of frames of the Zhou victory after people left.
Of course for more legroom and nothing to do with trying to get on TV ;)

Restaurant in York for a meal and a cozy pub for a few beers, late train home.
Great day out.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Left home 9am to grab a breakfast at our local cafe in Selby before train to York and the Barbican.

Two matches ROS versus Noppon Saengkham and Peter Lines (Leeds lad) versus zhou.
ROS didn't have it all his own way the Thai player led 3-2 at one stage until the Rocket produced his best.

Obviously supported the Leeds lad against the Chinese youngster but in the end it was the main from China who had too much class.
Got on front row for last couple of frames of the Zhou victory after people left.

Great day out.
Sounds perfect SW, I’ve mentioned previously me and a mate saw Peter hit a 140 in the Northern Snooker Centre on the next table to us whilst we were playing. It made our 18 and 22 breaks look a little weak.

A load of upsets in this tournament, can’t help thinking it’s ROS or Kyren for the title, although we have a soft spot for Gilbert after seeing him a few times at the Crucible so hope he takes it.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
A load of upsets in this tournament, can’t help thinking it’s ROS or Kyren for the title, although we have a soft spot for Gilbert after seeing him a few times at the Crucible so hope he takes it.
Think ROS & Kyren play each other in the next round.

Edit
They do 1pm tomoz

ROS v Kyren
Brecel v McGill

7pm
Zhao v Lisowski
Tonight's winners play each other.

Been impressed with Brecel, playing well but they all are.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Think ROS & Kyren play each other in the next round.
They do mate, hence my comment, winner could take all.

That said, things very rarely turn out as you’d expect in snooker, especially the shorter format. Just settling down for Selt v Hawkins with an eye on Gilbert v Hicks.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

What a match that was, fair play to Kyren, lives up to the warrior tag.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:What a match that was, fair play to Kyren, lives up to the warrior tag.
Proper game was that, standard was just crazy :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:Left home 9am to grab a breakfast at our local cafe in Selby before train to York and the Barbican.

Great day out.
Sounds perfect SW, I’ve mentioned previously me and a mate saw Peter hit a 140 in the Northern Snooker Centre on the next table to us whilst we were playing. It made our 18 and 22 breaks look a little weak.

Well Mrs SW must have enjoyed it, tickets booked for next year. They went on sale today. :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Great day out.

Well Mrs SW must have enjoyed it, tickets booked for next year. They went on sale today. :D
We will have to get ourselves to York next year, enjoyed it when we last time, although I do prefer the Crucible.

I can’t book early though in case Leeds have a game the same day/night :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Great day out.

We will have to get ourselves to York next year, enjoyed it when we last time, although I do prefer the Crucible.

I can’t book early though in case Leeds have a game the same day/night :D
We've gone for the Wednesday afternoon again as restaurants are quiet afterwards. Just make a day of it.

It's earlier in November next year so not to clash with the football World Cup.