Snooker Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Snooker Thread

Post by kk white »

Barlow Boy wrote:Stephen Hendry embarks on his comeback tonight, interesting to see how he goes, playing Matthew Selt who is no mug.
Saw the second frame where Hendry nonchalantly racked up a century, then sat down as if it was nothing. Well done sir. Disliked him in his prime, but have grown to appreciate his brilliance over the years.
Pity it was the only frame he won.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

kk_white wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Stephen Hendry embarks on his comeback tonight, interesting to see how he goes, playing Matthew Selt who is no mug.
Saw the second frame where Hendry nonchalantly racked up a century, then sat down as if it was nothing. Well done sir. Disliked him in his prime, but have grown to appreciate his brilliance over the years.
Yes, Hendry knocking in that century was great to see, as I said Selt is no mug and his match practice showed in the end. Not sure how long Hendry will stand for being beaten on a regular basis, be great to see him at the big one next month though.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Something for us snooker fans to get us through the first part of the international break, as the tour championship is on ITV4 this week.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Something for us snooker fans to get us through the first part of the international break, as the tour championship is on ITV4 this week.
Watching it now :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

What a game tonight, ROS comes back from 9-6 down to beat Hawkins 10-9.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote:
kk_white wrote:
Yes, Hendry knocking in that century was great to see, as I said Selt is no mug and his match practice showed in the end. Not sure how long Hendry will stand for being beaten on a regular basis, be great to see him at the big one next month though.
Stephen Hendry is my childhood hero but I'm not sure about coming back out of retirement. Let's be honest, how many players, from any sport, have come out of retirement and made an impact on their respective sports or even won things? Not many, I suspect
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:What a game tonight, ROS comes back from 9-6 down to beat Hawkins 10-9.
Hawkins must be gutted looked almost home and dry until he messed up in the 16th frame, then you could see what was coming although the decider got a bit tense.
Bit of a history of losing from winning positions possibly lacks the single minded confidence of the real top players to win more, certainly got the ability.

Should be a decent final, Neil "Curly" Robertson will take some beating, as looked very good so far. Plus I think he will slow it down wandering around the table between shots which will frustrate Ronnie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

It’s 50/50 for me in this final, it’ll come down to who plays better on the day (obvious I know). I just get the impression ROS isn’t too bothered whether he wins or loses, whereas Robertson might just be that little bit more hungrier for the title.

Either way, should be a good watch.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

DominanceUK wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
kk_white wrote:
Stephen Hendry is my childhood hero but I'm not sure about coming back out of retirement. Let's be honest, how many players, from any sport, have come out of retirement and made an impact on their respective sports or even won things? Not many, I suspect
I tend to agree Dom, I can’t see Hendry making any impression, he’ll do well to come through the qualifiers to actually get to the Crucible (plays Jimmy White in his first qualifying match). Even if he does get there, he’ll make the second round absolute tops.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nicely set up for tonight at 4-4 with a couple of centuries each, superb standard.