Crypto Currencies

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Crypto Currencies

Post by Davycc »

Few years ago I put £500 into Litecoin they were about £1 per coin. My coin value rapidly rose to £900 odd but then dropped like a stone and I sold at 90p each. Now they are worth £105 each :twisted: :twisted:

I started back again about a month ago with Bitcoin, Etherium, Stellar Lumens and Chainlink.

Anyone else invest in Crypto?

Just for info, The second biggest supporter money wise for the Biden campaign was from a CEO of Crypto. Also Biden has placed Gary Gensler in charge of overseeing "Wall St" Gensler teaches Crypto in his day job.

Worth a thought.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Crypto Currencies

Post by LAsouthcoast »

At the end of October i was working on a job where i met an electrician in his early thirties and he started talking about Bitcoin and how he had done loads of research and that he was going to make a fortune from within the next 2 years, he had bought 1 Bitcoin for £8,000 which I think is now worth around £30,000, he reckoned there would be peaks and troughs but in 2 years he estimated his investment would worth £100,000, never been brave enough myself as i regard the money we have as my families money and i work to hard to lose those sums of money but i have been a bit gutted that i never had a go.
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

Some of my boys friends invested early on - when they were in their early 20s about 12 years ago - some of them have made a lot of money - but they were there early
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

No didn't bother getting on the crypto currency boat although maybe should have.

I've dabbled in the stock market in the past mainly when I got some redundancy money and it did ok.
Still have a couple of share based bonds but that is all now.

Nowadays however its more important to have our savings money available to use, not getting any younger so want to enjoy our hard earned while we still can.
No intention of been the richest man on boot hill.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Having missed the boat early on, at the Bitcoin launch, I chucked a thousand quid in about five years ago.

So far, I've taken out two thousand, back into my current account, doubling my original stake, and today's remaining Bitcoin balance is the thick end of three thousand pounds.

So, it's not ever going to make me rich, but as a bit of lighthearted fun, it works for me.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Three weeks I changed my coins to Algorand ( a modest amount) in the last week the value has increased by 25% . I know it's a volatile market but do your research. There is a lot more room for growth. If you enjoy sticking £20 on a bet why not try coinbase (or another site and stick that £20 on it as a bit of interest.)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

I finally broke ranks and bought my first crypto. Only stuck $100 in so far, into Reef Finance. I have a mate who is in pretty deep and he has been relentless about me getting into it. I have no interest in money, but I feel like its worth finding a bit more about it. Like LaSouthCoast, I can remember even talking about BitCoin when it was $900.....
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Word going around is that Cardano is about to take off. I hope so, all my crypto is in Cardano (ADA). Various reasons, big companies taking their systems onboard etc and they are about to be listed on the Japanese exchanges, very few get onto it.

At this minute ADA is £1.04

https://www.newsbtc.com/news/cardano/ca ... -in-japan/

more info

https://dailyhodl.com/2021/08/06/coming ... in-bureau/

As per usual if your thinking of dipping in only put in what you can afford to lose in the unlikely event something happens and do some research :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

ADA now £1.30 Still to be released onto the Japanese exchanges. Thoughts are between £5 -£10 by end of year.
(Other thoughts are that it will stall or even fall back)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

ADA £1.49
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner