Whats the first thing you'd do?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Whats the first thing you'd do?

Post by Selby White »

Mrs SW and myself are In the fortunate position of paid up mortgage and no kids that are not self sufficient, both retired so time is our own for the most part.

Its no secret we love travel and adventure so money would help with that.
Prior to lockdown we had at the planning stage tours in every continent using public transport (trains & buses) along with possibly the odd tourist train & river cruise.
The money would help us tick many of these from our bucket list and of course would add luxury to the trips as would be able to fly business class, better hotels & first class train travel.

Along the same lines during Covid and not knowing what kind of world we will find with regards to foreign travel we've recently been considering investing in a Motorhome or campervan to be able to tour more of the UK if the worst happens. Have you seen the price of those things :shock: .
£1mill in the bank and think it would be a new one whether we can do our other distance hols or not.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Recently changed my car and am happy with it, so car is out.
Mortgage is paid off and we would not want to live anywhere else. (Surrounded by brilliant neighbours.)
Charities would benefit - all local, no 'professional charities'. (Don't want to subsidise some Chief Executives £200k salary)
Give most to family.
Might get a new kitchen and tart the house up a bit.

What is interesting is: I remember in the early 1960's if you won £75k on the pools, you could retire at a young age and live off the interest. Couldn't do that with £1m these days.
I could Sir John and it'd be a pay rise :thumbup: :(
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
Mortgage is paid off and we would not want to live anywhere else. (Surrounded by brilliant neighbours.)
Charities would benefit - all local, no 'professional charities'. (Don't want to subsidise some Chief Executives £200k salary)
Give most to family.

What is interesting is: I remember in the early 1960's if you won £75k on the pools, you could retire at a young age and live off the interest. Couldn't do that with £1m these days.
You're not a 'young age' though Davy. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Give most to family.

You're not a 'young age' though Davy. :lol:
:evil: :cry: :D :clap:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders