House prices in your area.

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

House prices in your area.

Post by Davycc »

Looking at moving house and renting our existing house out. As a bit of interest I've been having a look around the UK and some areas are frightening. Property here seems to be great value. A few quick examples below.

£100k - £150k https://www.propertypal.com/58-taylorst ... rim/601211

£150k - £300k https://www.propertypal.com/4-mill-moun ... rim/657061

£300k - £500k https://www.propertypal.com/171-maghera ... own/590918

£500- - £750k https://www.propertypal.com/detached-ho ... 5/photo-35
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: House prices in your area.

Post by Selby White »

Selby a 4 bed detached starts about £250k and up to £350k for better locations.
Semi detached start about £190k.

We are ideal to commute to York or Leeds but not sure on Leeds prices but York is sky high.

Some nice villages around the area but not certain how that changes prices.

Not that 4 bed detach bothers me we've just the 2 bedroom bungalow, the rooms are all decent sizes unlike some new builds along with a good garden. Wouldn't move as in nice cul-de-sac so not a clue on worth but a lot more than when I bought it.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:Selby a 4 bed detached starts about £250k and up to £350k for better locations.

We are ideal to commute to York or Leeds but not sure on Leeds prices but York is sky high.

Not that 4 bed detach bothers me we've just the 2 bedroom bungalow, the rooms are all decent sizes unlike some new builds along with a good garden. Wouldn't move as in nice cul-de-sac so not a clue on worth but a lot more than when I bought it.
That's it in a nutshell really isn't, the value of the house you're happy in doesn't really matter. It's only relevant when you're moving etc. We are actually going to view the top one tonight.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote: Some nice villages around the area.
:wave: :wave: :wave:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

We paid £185,000 for our bungalow in 2003.

A neighbour of ours, a very similar bungalow, but he’s extended it a bit and done loads of work to it, had his valued recently and his valuation came back at £450,000 :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:. He has a shared drive, and nowhere near the same size garden of ours, so I’d expect ours to be in the high £300’s now.

I think I’ve mentioned previously, we had some land adjacent to ours that we knew we didn’t own when we moved in. We’ve maintained it, cut the grass etc since we moved here. When I retired, I took a lot of time finding out who owned it, it was a right mess, but cutting a long story short, we bought the land for a nominal £1 two years ago. A local builder says we would easily get £55,000 for it now :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:Selby a 4 bed detached starts about £250k and up to £350k for better locations.

That's it in a nutshell really isn't, the value of the house you're happy in doesn't really matter. It's only relevant when you're moving etc. We are actually going to view the top one tonight.
Davy, sounds like a good buy that. Here in Maidenhead it would go for about £850k+
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I have no idea of the value of our house. Dead end road with no through traffic. Mainly retired folk who all look out for each other. There is a house up for sale once in a blue moon and it ' aint going to be mine while I'm alive! I agree with Davy here, if your happy, just carry on enjoying it.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

When my daughter returned from the Far East she bought a house in London. Edwardian, 3 bedroom terraced house. Does have a reasonable sized back garden which is unusual in London. The only downside is that there is no access to the back without going through the house! They had some trees pruned and all the branches had to be lugged through the house to the truck at the front. £1m. :shock:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We live in a semi detached house on a small cul de sac. It’s basically a 2 up, 2 down. The asking value for a similar size house here is about £230k, prices have risen dramatically. We had another similar sized house around the corner which we sold last year. Up until the pandemic our house was basically a wardrobe somewhere to keep our things before going off to either the cricket or holiday.
Winner of the Europa League
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

We live in a 3 bed extended semi detached house in a quiet road, we have been here coming up 34 years so you could say we quite like it. Value is around £350-000