F1

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: F1

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote:New season starts today, in what promises to be the closest drivers title race for years.

Verstappen set a marker down yesterday making pole, hopefully he carries it through the season so we get a competitive sport rather than the Mercedes dominance of recent years.
I'd like to see a close title challenge but it just won't happen imo. Mercedes get stronger as the year goes on and as a result of that, the sport becomes a bit dull for my liking. I'm interested to see how Norris improves on last year and the performances of Schumacher.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

DominanceUK wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:New season starts today, in what promises to be the closest drivers title race for years.

Verstappen set a marker down yesterday making pole, hopefully he carries it through the season so we get a competitive sport rather than the Mercedes dominance of recent years.
I'd like to see a close title challenge but it just won't happen imo. Mercedes get stronger as the year goes on and as a result of that, the sport becomes a bit dull for my liking. I'm interested to see how Norris improves on last year and the performances of Schumacher.
Time will tell Dom, but I’m not so sure Mercedes will have it their own way this season, they will probably win the constructors championship, as they have Hamilton and Bottas against Verstappen and Perez (Bottas to beat Perez over the season) but the actual drivers championship I’m not convinced.

One to watch this year will be George Russell. He will be vying for a move to a big team for 2022, and a good season now will put him in a much stronger position.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:

Time will tell Dom, but I’m not so sure Mercedes will have it their own way this season, they will probably win the constructors championship, as they have Hamilton and Bottas against Verstappen and Perez (Bottas to beat Perez over the season) but the actual drivers championship I’m not convinced.

One to watch this year will be George Russell. He will be vying for a move to a big team for 2022, and a good season now will put him in a much stronger position.
If Hamilton wins the Championship and I fully expect him to do so then I think he will retire. Bottas' contract runs out in the summer, along with Hamilton and I have a sneaky suspicion we'll see Russell and Norris both at Mercedes.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

More races like that for the rest of the season please :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Never will you see an ending like that again, absolutely fantastic stuff.

Formula 1’s Aguero moment.