F1

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

F1

Post by johnh »

Fernando Alonso knocked off his bike by a car (not on the racetrack). In hospital with some broken bones.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: F1

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Fernando Alonso knocked off his bike by a car (not on the racetrack). In hospital with some broken bones.
Broken jaw I understand.

Enjoy my F1, too much dominance by Mercedes and Hamilton for my liking though, it’s like a procession most weeks.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

I enjoy F1 - Sunday afternoon, watch the first couple of laps then somehow wake up again for the finish (sometimes)
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

I've watched 4 grand prix's in my life and still I can't enjoy the sport, same with most racing.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I went to the Italian Grand Prix many years ago now, by far the best sporting experience I’ve ever been involved in (and I’ve been to many, many sporting events). It’s been ruined now with the dominance of Mercedes, but as a spectacle live, in the flesh, it really is something else.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Never been into motorsport of any description but if nothing else on will watch but only the years a British driver is involved so will support Lewis :thumbup: . I'm ultra patriotic when it comes to any sport or competitions and would watch tiddlywinks if England were likely to win.

Still with regards to FI it would be far better if the drivers moved around and each had a turn in every car :D

Another suggestion is start the slower cars at the front of the grid and the better ones at the back :shock:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I have been to two Grand Prix, one at Brands Hatch and one at Silverstone. Some advice for those who haven't been. 1. You would be gobsmacked at just how fast they go. This doesn't come across on television. 2. You will be parked at some point on the track and will only see the cars that come past that point with no real idea of what is going on. Almost impossible to change positions. I turned down a free ticket for Silverstone because of no.2. Prefer to watch on tv. Also, both Brands Hatch and Silverstone are an absolute nightmare to get to. Queueing (traffic) starts about 10 miles from the track, if you are lucky. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote: Still with regards to FI it would be far better if the drivers moved around and each had a turn in every car :D
:
I’ve said that for years :thumbup:.

When Hamilton couldn’t compete a few races ago, George Russell took his seat. I don’t think the fella had made a point in F1, never mind a podium, but he was on course to actually win it, until they had a tyre/mechanical problem, if that doesn’t prove it’s the car, not the driver, then nothing will.

P.S. That’s not to say they are not phenomenal drivers, they most definitely are.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote: Still with regards to FI it would be far better if the drivers moved around and each had a turn in every car :D
:
I’ve said that for years :thumbup:.

When Hamilton couldn’t compete a few races ago, George Russell took his seat. I don’t think the fella had made a point in F1, never mind a podium, but he was on course to actually win it, until they had a tyre/mechanical problem, if that doesn’t prove it’s the car, not the driver, then nothing will.

P.S. That’s not to say they are not phenomenal drivers, they most definitely are.
Absolutely to me the constructors championship is about the car, the drivers should be paid from a pool that at teams pay into and take even turns driving for each team.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

New season starts today, in what promises to be the closest drivers title race for years.

Verstappen set a marker down yesterday making pole, hopefully he carries it through the season so we get a competitive sport rather than the Mercedes dominance of recent years.