7%
Don’t eat meat
No votes

Total votes: 15

yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: How do you like your steak ?

Post by yorkfan »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Went for a meal one night & the chap on the table next to us asked for his steak med-well to which the waitress said that chef only cooks steaks rare.
I just love the concept that many of today's somewhat precious chefs consider themselves to be more important than the paying customer.

Time for a wake up call, dear. :crazy:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Chefs these days cook a steak & it’s bleu which is fine but I’m not sure every other meat like duck, lamb, venison etc should be the same. Also they’re cooking pork under these days always a no no in my opinion.
Went for a meal one night & the chap on the table next to us asked for his steak med-well to which the waitress said that chef only cooks steaks rare. Excuse the pun but the air was bleu with the customers response :D
I prefer my roast beef well done and particularly lamb. I think lamb is too fatty to be rare. Agree with the comment about pork too. Wouldn't be happy to be served with 'underdone' pork.
I once played against Don Revie.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Medium rare for me but need to rest the meat so there’s no blood.
Ditto. Used to have my steak well done but so much more flavour MR and rested.
How long do you 'rest' it for? Don't like cold steak.
I think the issue here - and cheffy 007 might know otherwise - is that steak should be cooked in a very hot pan and when it's removed it continues to cook for a few minutes. Also I think I've read somewhere that the meat has to 'relax' after being under strain from the heat.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I’m a med-rare person but agree watch on horrified at these cooking programmes where pork has a tinge of pink in it. Was I ill informed all those years ago about how poorly you’d be after eating under cooked pork & chicken. We watch all the trashy cookery programmes and it has crept in, pink pork that is.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

I like mine rare. I very rarely eat steak out. Usually go with a rib eye, always leave it out of the fridge for a good hour before cooking. Never cook meat straight from the fridge. All other red meat I like med rare. Do like a good tartare, be it steak or venison. As a chef, the thing that annoys me most is people who order a fillet steak well done, save yourself some money and order a rump steak, it’s going to taste the same, like chewy cardboard. The less cooked and well rested a steak, the more tender it will be. I do eat pork fillet cooked medium. Pork is reared differently nowadays, I remember the days when they were fed all sorts, but now the feed is controlled, giving chefs the freedom to cook it medium. But as with everything, each to their own, I’m not going to tell anybody how to eat their meat, just offer advice and maybe they might take it, try it and hopefully like it. If not, at least they can say they tried it, but it wasn’t for them.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk