Grand National

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Grand National

Post by gilesdriveby »

Great day for Rebecca and us Irish. History made. UK racing seems to be in poor health but it is probably cyclical so hopefully you will be back and the Ireland/UK battle can resume
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Wigan White wrote:I'm very happy to say that I backed Minella Times as well as Discorama.

Been a pretty good day so far. :thumbup:
Well done WW :thumbup:
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

gilesdriveby wrote:Great day for Rebecca and us Irish. History made. UK racing seems to be in poor health but it is probably cyclical so hopefully you will be back and the Ireland/UK battle can resume
Certainly has been a fantastic last few weeks for you Irish boys, they seem to be on another level at the moment and a real superstar in Rachael Blackmore, all good healthy competition.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The star of the week-end is Rachael Blackmore. There is no way I could ride a horse around Aintree - scare me to death. Without doubt, BBC Sports personality of the year.
I once played against Don Revie.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

johnh wrote:The star of the week-end is Rachael Blackmore. There is no way I could ride a horse around Aintree - scare me to death. Without doubt, BBC Sports personality of the year.
As far as I know, BBC SPOTY, the recipient must either be British or reside and play a significant amount of their sport in the United Kingdom.

That rules Rachel out... Born, resides and runs most of her races in Ireland.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

kk_white wrote:
johnh wrote:The star of the week-end is Rachael Blackmore. There is no way I could ride a horse around Aintree - scare me to death. Without doubt, BBC Sports personality of the year.
As far as I know, BBC SPOTY, the recipient must either be British or reside and play a significant amount of their sport in the United Kingdom.

Correct.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
kk_white wrote:

Correct.
Overseas sports personality?
kk white

Post by kk white »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
kk_white wrote:

Correct.
Overseas sports personality?
Perfect. We'll send her over for that one ;) :D
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
kk white

Post by kk white »

All joking aside though, what an amazing few weeks she's had. First female jockey to win the Champion Hurdle, Cheltenham top jockey & Grand National. Wow.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

kk_white wrote:All joking aside though, what an amazing few weeks she's had. First female jockey to win the Champion Hurdle, Cheltenham top jockey & Grand National. Wow.
She has, but Henry De Bromhead is the real star, without him, none of it happens.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.