Tennis

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Tennis

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Back in the day I used to be quite interested in Wimbledon, I know the football is on but I really cant get into it at all, I also feel the BBC spend a big chunk of it`s sport budget covering for what I feel is a minority sport in the eyes of a lot of the public, also the funding the sport has received in recent years to promote and try to produce talent has been money poorly spent as certainly locally to me Tennis courts seem to be under used and Tennis clubs continually seem to still give off this elitist and unwelcoming feel.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Tennis

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Not my game unfortunately but I did have a massive crush on Chris Evert back in the day.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Not my game unfortunately but I did have a massive crush on Chris Evert back in the day.
Seconded
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Can't stand tennis. On the 'extremely' few days I have seen it, I always get riled when the camera keeps zooming in on the Royal Box where the BBC elite are having their free 'jolly'. This is the main reason why Wimbledon remains the only mainstream live sport on BBC.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I used to watch Gabriella Sabatini when I was a kid, and more recently Anna Kornikova, but not watched it for a while now. The mens game is so boring, very rarely do you get decent rallies, so I prefer the women’s tennis.

P.S The prize money is eye watering :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:I used to watch Gabriella Sabatini when I was a kid, and more recently Anna Kornikova, but not watched it for a while now. The mens game is so boring, very rarely do you get decent rallies, so I prefer the women’s tennis.
Sabatini & Kornikova are you sure it was the rallies ;) :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I used to watch Gabriella Sabatini when I was a kid, and more recently Anna Kornikova, but not watched it for a while now. The mens game is so boring, very rarely do you get decent rallies, so I prefer the women’s tennis.
Absolutely mate :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Coincidentally y in work one of the office girls mentioned that Kornikova has a very famous partner of 19 years..... surprised me who it was but I bet you lot already knew !!
Spoiler:
Enrique Iglesias
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Coincidentally y in work one of the office girls mentioned that Kornikova has a very famous partner of 19 years..... surprised me who it was but I bet you lot already knew !!
Spoiler:
Enrique Iglesias
Yes, already knew mate. To be fair, he’s a good looking bloke so I can accept that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Looks like Boris Becker won't be commentating at Wimbledon this year.

Sentenced to two and half years in prison for hiding £2.5mill while declaring himself bankrupt.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.