Weight loss

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Weight loss

Post by Selby White »

Mr Russell wrote:I've lost weight twice in my life, one was planned the other was not and was very recent.

By 2010 I was 108kgs (sorry so used to using kgs instead of stones and pounds I'm sticking with it) and made a conscious decision to lose weight, I made my own rules etc which were around walk (briskly) for an hour ( include hills etc), cut size of the meals, cut out potato (bar a monthly treat), cut out lollies/sweets of all kind, still drank beer at the weekend. There were other small things as well but can't remember them all.

Basically after a week I'd lost 5kgs and after a year I'd lost 23kgs to be at 85kgs which was the size I was when a twice broken leg finished by soccer career.

Overtime or since then I did increase up to 91kgs at the end of July 2021 then came the second and not planned weight loss as the past month I got Pneumonia (never had it before and not great timing in a pandemic), had a COVID test, negative but I lost my appetite for nearly 4 days and it shot me back down to 85kgs (please do not try this one no matter what). I'm recovering at this time and hopefully back to work next week.

You have to find a weight loss program that works for you and stick with it no matter what, it can work but only with hard work and belief.

Good luck to those who are trying.
First think you did great back in 2010 and reading the small bit about your plan its very similar to what I've done in the past when on weight loss campaigns. Think the main thing is have a plan which for me is cut things out and exercise.

Secondly sorry about you going through such a rough time recently but good you are now very much on the mend :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Tough run Mr R. Good to hear you're recovering well.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Look after yourself Marcus :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

All the best Marcus, look after yourself mate.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Thanks guys!

Sadly I've been told the cough will hang around for a while.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

21st July - 15st 12lb
28th July - 15st 10lb
4th Aug - 15st 9lb
11th Aug - 15st 9lb
18th Aug - 15st 6lb
25th Aug - 15st 7lb
1st Sept - 15st 5lb
Weeks Loss - 2lb

Happy with this week's loss putting me back on track. Still struggling with a sore knee but doing some exercise now.
Bit worried about next weekends weigh in, have a wedding to attend Saturday and out with friend for a meal on Monday. Both events will involve eating & drinking slightly above the normal :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

21st July - 13st 11 1/4lbs
28th - missed weigh in
4th Aug - 13st 7lbs
11th Aug - 13st 6lbs[/quote]
18th Aug - 13st 5lbs
25th Aug - 13st 5 lbs
1st Sept - 13st 5 lbs

Have hit a wall. was off last week getting the garden ready for landscapers coming this week (sounds grandious that :D ) so was doing manual labour. Thought I'd maybe burn a bit off but I definitely was snacking more, drinking beer and more takeaways as we didn't feel like cooking.

Oh well
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote: Have hit a wall. was off last week getting the garden ready for landscapers coming this week (sounds grandious that :D ) so was doing manual labour. Thought I'd maybe burn a bit off but I definitely was snacking more, drinking beer and more takeaways as we didn't feel like cooking.

Oh well
In my experience of my yoyo weight loss campaigns over the years is that there is always a stage you hit a wall and it becomes difficult. It is the time your determination needs to be at its best but stick with it and you'll go again.
Also once you've lost so much your metabolism will have slowed so it becomes harder to lose big amounts.
Keep up the calorie burning work and tweak the diet and you will win.

Tough two weeks for me now, as I wrote earlier got a wedding this weekend then off out (actually to Leeds) with friends on Monday. Midweek we are away down south for a funeral but are staying on a extra 4 nights in London to make a break of it.
Lets just say on 15th Sept I'll be delighted to be still todays weight.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote: Have hit a wall. was off last week getting the garden ready for landscapers coming this week (sounds grandious that :D ) so was doing manual labour. Thought I'd maybe burn a bit off but I definitely was snacking more, drinking beer and more takeaways as we didn't feel like cooking.

Oh well
In my experience of my yoyo weight loss campaigns over the years is that there is always a stage you hit a wall and it becomes difficult. It is the time your determination needs to be at its best but stick with it and you'll go again.
Also once you've lost so much your metabolism will have slowed so it becomes harder to lose big amounts.
Keep up the calorie burning work and tweak the diet and you will win.

Tough two weeks for me now, as I wrote earlier got a wedding this weekend then off out (actually to Leeds) with friends on Monday. Midweek we are away down south for a funeral but are staying on a extra 4 nights in London to make a break of it.
Lets just say on 15th Sept I'll be delighted to be still todays weight.
Yeah have mentally reminded myself about snacking again, was slipping back into that while at home all day. Work definitely helps in that regard.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

21st July - 15st 12lb
28th July - 15st 10lb
4th Aug - 15st 9lb
11th Aug - 15st 9lb
18th Aug - 15st 6lb
25th Aug - 15st 7lb
1st Sept - 15st 5lb
8th Sept - missed weigh in as away
15th Sept - 15st 8lb
2 Weeks Gain - 3lb

Well a 3lb gain over the last 14 days which really isn't too much of a shock as just been away for 6 nights which involved lots of meals outs including beer & wine.
Prior to going away we had a wedding and a night out with friends so no chance of beating the bulge.

On a good note while away in London despite the food intake we did lots of walking (avoided public transport for the most part) so burnt a few calories or things could have been worse.

Back on track this week :D