Davycc wrote:13th Jan 14st 5lbs Starting weight

21st July - 13st 11 1/4lbs
28th - missed weigh in
4th Aug - 13st 7lbs
11th Aug - 13st 6lbs
18th Aug - 13st 5lbs

I'll take a 1lb
1lb is good every loss a step in the right direction :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Weight loss

Post by Selby White »

Struggling a bit this week with exercise, jarred my knee on Friday and it's a bit sore. Currently on crutches just to get around the house.

Having to watch what I eat a bit more to keep the calorie intake down as not burning many so reckon Wednesdays weigh in is a bit of a lottery.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:Struggling a bit this week with exercise, jarred my knee on Friday and it's a bit sore. Currently on crutches just to get around the house.

Having to watch what I eat a bit more to keep the calorie intake down as not burning many so reckon Wednesdays weigh in is a bit of a lottery.
Hope you are off the crutches soon Mick. Not confident about Wednesday myself. I have been removing decking and shoring up my shack so have allowed myself a few treats against the manual labour. Think the treats have been out-weighing the labour though.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

21st July - 15st 12lb
28th July - 15st 10lb
4th Aug - 15st 9lb
11th Aug - 15st 9lb
18th Aug - 15st 6lb
25th Aug - 15st 7lb
Weeks gain - 1lb

Not unexpected with virtually no exercise due to my knee injury.
Off the crutches since Monday and actually got to the match last night. Bit sore to say the least not just the getting up and down at the game but driving there and back wasn't easy especially coming home as the traffic was crazy on the M62, somebody had gone mad with cones.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

21st July - 13st 11 1/4lbs
28th - missed weigh in
4th Aug - 13st 7lbs
11th Aug - 13st 6lbs[/quote]
18th Aug - 13st 5lbs
25th Aug - 13st 5 lbs

Am quite happy with that, have been removing decking, jacking up and shoring the shack ready for landscapers at the end of the month so have been doing a lot of takeaways since Friday. Also cold beers are going down too well.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:21st July - 15st 12lb
28th July - 15st 10lb
4th Aug - 15st 9lb
11th Aug - 15st 9lb
18th Aug - 15st 6lb
25th Aug - 15st 7lb
Weeks gain - 1lb

Not unexpected with virtually no exercise due to my knee injury.
Off the crutches since Monday and actually got to the match last night. Bit sore to say the least not just the getting up and down at the game but driving there and back wasn't easy especially coming home as the traffic was crazy on the M62, somebody had gone mad with cones.
Time to think of an auto if you don't drive one already ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

I've lost weight twice in my life, one was planned the other was not and was very recent.

By 2010 I was 108kgs (sorry so used to using kgs instead of stones and pounds I'm sticking with it) and made a conscious decision to lose weight, I made my own rules etc which were around walk (briskly) for an hour ( include hills etc), cut size of the meals, cut out potato (bar a monthly treat), cut out lollies/sweets of all kind, still drank beer at the weekend. There were other small things as well but can't remember them all.

Basically after a week I'd lost 5kgs and after a year I'd lost 23kgs to be at 85kgs which was the size I was when a twice broken leg finished by soccer career.

Overtime or since then I did increase up to 91kgs at the end of July 2021 then came the second and not planned weight loss as the past month I got Pneumonia (never had it before and not great timing in a pandemic), had a COVID test, negative but I lost my appetite for nearly 4 days and it shot me back down to 85kgs (please do not try this one no matter what). I'm recovering at this time and hopefully back to work next week.

You have to find a weight loss program that works for you and stick with it no matter what, it can work but only with hard work and belief.

Good luck to those who are trying.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Mr Russell wrote:I've lost weight twice in my life, one was planned the other was not and was very recent.

By 2010 I was 108kgs (sorry so used to using kgs instead of stones and pounds I'm sticking with it) and made a conscious decision to lose weight, I made my own rules etc which were around walk (briskly) for an hour ( include hills etc), cut size of the meals, cut out potato (bar a monthly treat), cut out lollies/sweets of all kind, still drank beer at the weekend. There were other small things as well but can't remember them all.

Basically after a week I'd lost 5kgs and after a year I'd lost 23kgs to be at 85kgs which was the size I was when a twice broken leg finished by soccer career.

Overtime or since then I did increase up to 91kgs at the end of July 2021 then came the second and not planned weight loss as the past month I got Pneumonia (never had it before and not great timing in a pandemic), had a COVID test, negative but I lost my appetite for nearly 4 days and it shot me back down to 85kgs (please do not try this one no matter what). I'm recovering at this time and hopefully back to work next week.

You have to find a weight loss program that works for you and stick with it no matter what, it can work but only with hard work and belief.

No that’s definitely not the way you want to lose weight, so glad to hear your nearly out the other side of this terrible virus. Makes you appreciate your health when you go through things like that and not a little scary too.

I lost 2 stone in 3 months after separating with my ex, all stress related and not recommended either. I’m on an episode of the old easyJet programme at the time and actually look ill.

Your right finding a healthy way that works for you and that your able to stick to is the only way.

Best wishes for the rest of your recovery.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Davycc wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:I've lost weight twice in my life, one was planned the other was not and was very recent.

No that’s definitely not the way you want to lose weight, so glad to hear your nearly out the other side of this terrible virus. Makes you appreciate your health when you go through things like that and not a little scary too.

I lost 2 stone in 3 months after separating with my ex, all stress related and not recommended either. I’m on an episode of the old easyJet programme at the time and actually look ill.

Your right finding a healthy way that works for you and that your able to stick to is the only way.

Best wishes for the rest of your recovery.

Thanks Davy. Lucky I had lots of sick leave at work but have not ventured too far even if I'm fully vaccinated.

Good luck with your plan (in fact anybody who is on one), keep at it!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.