Twitter

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Twitter

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Recommend people to follow on Twitter I’ll start @MyFaveBench some fantastic photos of The Dales.
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Twitter

Post by Wigan White »

Our very own dlw10. He writes excellent match reports (but don't tell him). :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Stopped using Twitter and Facebook about a year ago, I found some things started to wind me up. Must say I don't miss them.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:Stopped using Twitter and Facebook about a year ago, I found some things started to wind me up. Must say I don't miss them.
I’m with him for a pint before the game tonight, and I’ll certainly not be telling him you said that Al :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Davycc wrote:Stopped using Twitter and Facebook about a year ago, I found some things started to wind me up. Must say I don't miss them.
I’m an infrequent Twitter user & only really go on Facebook for family & friends related stuff if I’m honest.
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote: I’m with him for a pint before the game tonight, and I’ll certainly not be telling him you said that Al :D

Was hoping to get a ticket for tonight and could have, but I'm at work till 6:30 so couldn't make it.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Never done Facebook or Twitter but can understand its use to keep in touch with family or friends.

Back in the days of dinosaurs I do admit to trying the predecessor MySpace but never really got into it.

Once was on a big touring holiday and there was a bloke (from the Salford half of Manchester not that that is relevant) who was obsessed with it. Every evening after we all been for a meal after a day doing the tourist stuff most of us would relax with a few drinks but not him. He had to go to his room to go on facebook and tell the friends he had never met what he had done that day. :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Not on Facebook.

I have a Twitter account, but just look at it when I get an email with a link to YEP or Phil Hay which catches my eye.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I use Facebook and Twitter frequently.

Was forced into the former a number of years ago when I enquired of my daughter 'how is xyz boyfriend?'. Her reply was 'I'm not going out with him any more dad', so I said 'how was I supposed to know?', to which she replied 'It's on my Facebook!' But I do find it useful to keep up with friends scattered around the country and overseas.

Admittedly Twitter is annoying for all the 'woke' commentaries and virtue signalling. But I tend to follow people who reflect my interests and political leanings. Andrew Neal is very good value along with Sathnam Sanghera (Boy with the top knot) and David Baddiel. I've found customer service accounts are a very efficient way of dealing with issues; for example, I wanted to clarify something about my TV licence and it was sorted within an hour after an exchange of messages - so much better than doing it by phone. I've also had a few very pleasant exchanges with Bond girl Rachel Grant :)
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I'm on both Facebook and Twitter. TBH I think I must have got the balance right with Friends and Followers on there as both can be notorious for real bile and nastiness towards others (usually strangers of course) but I've been rarely affected by others' hostility. I go by the mantra that I only write things that I would be honestly prepared to say to the person's face. I can't do with anti-social media behaviour, it genuinely disgusts and worries me and I do think most of the social media corporations are a danger to civilised society.

I'm on Facebook a fair bit but not so much on Twitter these days. I have a lot of real friends on Fb especially and can advertise some of my work on there without getting abused for it. Twitter is just a wilder environment than Fb but my main reasons for posting less are that I've had such a rotten bleedin' 18 months I didn't want to appear to be some sort of attention-seeking depressive, especially when best friends & relatives have had much harder times due to the same bereavements. I HAVE suffered from depression in the past but think I'm in better shape these days. I do wear my heart on my sleeve on Fb as it has often helped lift my spirits when people get in touch, and I do try hard to 'be there' for friends on there as well as in reality of course.