Prostate Cancer

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Prostate Cancer

Post by Saxon »

I am aware of all the recommendations for early examination, detection, and treatment of prostate cancer.
Even so, I wish to give this a plug as this cancer has no boundaries, diet, exercise, no stress, general health isn't going to help deter this killer.
Don't think it cannot happen to you.
Guys, and wives if reading this push your guy, at the earliest sign of problems to get a medical check up, if not already being screened with blood tests, or physical examination.
I repeat, "Don't think it cannot happen to you".
This is my interaction with this disease
My Father died many years ago from bone cancer, spread from his prostrate. He was a very private person who never went to the doctor when sick and left it too late.
My brother in law is in tough shape right now, he is having chemo', his is at the stage where it's unfortunately going to be terminal, we are just extending his life right now.His prostate is 14 times normal size.
Myself, I had successful prostate surgery 10 years ago, successful due to early detection.
I have friends and colleagues at work, and no doubt many people reading this also who have come into contact one way or another with this disease.
So guys, save your own life, and the effect on loved ones this has, don't be afraid of discussing this with your Doctor.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Prostrate Cancer

Post by Davycc »

Saxon wrote:I am aware of all the recommendations for early examination, detection, and treatment of prostrate cancer.
Even so, I wish to give this a plug as this cancer has no boundries, diet, exercise, no stress, general health isn't going to help deter this killer.
Don't think it cannot happen to you.
Guys, and wives if reading this push your guy, at the earliest sign of problems to get a medical check up, if not already being screened with blood tests, or physical examination.
I repeat, "Don't think it cannot happen to you".
This is my interaction with this disease
My Father died many years ago from bone cancer, spread from his prostrate. He was a very private person who never went to the doctor when sick and left it too late.
My brother in law is in tough shape right now, he is having chemo', his is at the stage where it's unfortunately going to be terminal, we are just extending his life right now.His prostrate is 14 times normal size.
Myself, I had successful prostrate surgery 10 years ago, successful due to early detection.
I have friends and colleagues at work, and no doubt many people reading this also who have come into contact one way or another with this disease.
So guys, save your own life, and the effect on loved ones this has, don't be afraid of discussing this with your Doctor.
Here here. You know what Saxon, why not use this thread to let those who have checked/tested tell others. Even one forum member who takes action because of this will make it worth while.

I had made an appointment two weeks before COVID struck, I'm up several times a night for the loo, probably just age but who knows. COVID stopped the appointment. I'm now going to arrange another. There, I've said it so keep at me.

Over to the other members :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Prostrate Cancer

Post by mapperleywhite »

Saxon - a very well-written appeal for people to get themselves checked. It's a remarkably common disease - I was told nine out of ten men who live to the age of 90 will get it. Yet, in most cases, it's one of the more curable cancers.

As a number of you already know I was successfully treated for prostate cancer last year, but I feel it's my part to support what Saxon has written. In my instance it was detected via a simple blood test - c'mon how hard can that be guys?

I'm absolutely not going to say the treatment was a breeze; there were various stages to it culminating in a number of radiotherapy sessions. I feel very fortunate that I received highly professional treatment combined with a good level of care here at Nottingham's City hospital. I really could not find fault with my experience there.

Whilst I am in no sense a medical person, I'm more than happy to share my experience with anyone on here. By all means DM me.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....