Petrol shortages

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Petrol shortages

Post by ChilwellWhite »

How’s everyone’s tanks looking ? We have to go for a appointment at the hospital on Friday but other than that we daren’t risk using anymore. We seem to go from one crisis to the next at the moment. Crazy times.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Petrol shortages

Post by Sniffer »

Due to go for a friend's birthday meal in Weston-S-Mare shortly, just under a 50 mile round trip. Not a lot in the tank so decided to put £10 in last night just to be sure. First garage was closed, second was queuing down the main road, I got some in the third but it was manic and the guy behind the counter, when I went to pay, said he would be only serving emergency vehicles when his own tanks hit a certain level.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Our son in law has a chauffeur company and has trips to Heathrow & Gatwick every day this coming week, work he really needs as Covid-19 has really hit his company badly. He can do tomorrow after that it’s anyone’s guess. We have half a tank so things we had planned for this week are going on the back burner. As was said we are going from one crisis to the next.
Winner of the Europa League
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Got lucky as filled the car up a couple of days before the panic started and to be honest not using it much at the moment, so should ride it out.
Riddiculous queues outside our local petrol station, had to put someone on to control the traffic as was blocking a main road.
Crazy times.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Our local Tesco’s actually have Marshall’s ensuring that people are queuing properly & only putting in a maximum of £30 worth of fuel, lucky we only have a small car & not a gas guzzler :D There are several vehicles abandoned on the road side and cars on hazards trying to get to a petrol station but as most are running on empty I’ve no idea what they’ll do.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

In the last year I have only done about 1,000 miles. I put £40 worth of petrol in the day before the panic started, so should last me for a while.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Got a bit in the tank, it’ll do me for a while, absolute idiots panic buying and taking all the fuel, not helped by the media over stretching it all.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

We were on the M1 earlier today and the number of cars on the north bound side was horrendous. We were coming back after seeing a sick relative, a mission of mercy but all these cars, especially the gas guzzlers where were they all going given the current situation ?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Away for a few days in the morning fortunately off on the train so won't have to join the madness at the petrol station.
Have enough in the car for emergency so it can sit on the drive until we are back to normality, won't be joining the queues.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Which Spice Girl is still able to get petrol ?

Gerri can.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders