Dilemma

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Dilemma

Post by Davycc »

Sniffer wrote: Ah, good.

Level Crossing Risk Coordinator sounds interesting but prepare for a bit of arguing with local councils. They've been trying to close them all for years as they are deemed as inherently unsafe - they're not, of course, it's the people not using them properly. And if they were all closed Network Rail would have to build a lot of expensive bridges which they are understandably loathe to do.

I worked for the railway for 20-odd years and, if it wasn't for some twisted individuals in management positions, I'd still be there. I loved it. Good luck with what ever you go with.
Yea your right, theres always a bit of conflict with landowners etc, that was one of the questions in the interview, "Can you tell us what experience you have in conflict resolution?" Short version of my answer, 20 years as a police officer and 10 years dealing with overbooked flights, cancelled flights and lost baggage...... I've been there ans strangely always enjoyed the challenge.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Davycc wrote: The role is Level Crossing Risk Coordinator for the network
So basically you’ll be a lollipop man :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote: The role is Level Crossing Risk Coordinator for the network
So basically you’ll be a lollipop man :roll:
I tend to think of it as more Green Cross Code for trains :D I'm the same build as Dave Prowse
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Davycc wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Davycc wrote:Lets say you have applied for two jobs. You're role at your current employer is at risk.
You have been interviewed for both and feel you did well in both interviews. You hear from one company quickly, a small business, offering you the job and to meet up in a few days to discuss in depth. It's your second choice. You feel you may get offered the job you prefer but it's with a large public sector operator and you know it will take a while to hear from them. Do you:

A. Give your 4 weeks notice from your current role and take the job knowing you may not actually be taking the position if successful with the other.
B. Inform them at the next discussion that you are waiting for the outcome of another interview in which you may not be successful.
C. Meet up in a few days to discuss in depth, explain the situation and see if they will give you more time. They will appreciate your honesty and they may take you on if the rail job doesn't come through.
By the way what was the rail job? I can relocate. :lol:
Im meeting with them on Thursday to discuss and I thats exactly what I've decided to do.

The role is Level Crossing Risk Coordinator for the network
That is definitely the elegant way out of the dilemma, was going to suggest the same. It's really common these days for people to be juggling multiple offers, we're seeing it in all our divisions and in all our locations across a variety of roles, and we're hearing it from our clients in all sorts of industries too.

Being straight with people rarely goes wrong in my experience, most people respect integrity.

At the end of the day you need to look out for yourself, but if you can do that without compromising anyone else that's definitely a win.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Dilemma averted, well almost. I will be calling into the second choice company in person tomorrow to thank them for their offer but I will be accepting my preferred offer from the rail network. Am over the moon.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Davycc wrote:Dilemma averted, well almost. I will be calling into the second choice company in person tomorrow to thank them for their offer but I will be accepting my preferred offer from the rail network. Am over the moon.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Well done Davy. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:Dilemma averted, well almost. I will be calling into the second choice company in person tomorrow to thank them for their offer but I will be accepting my preferred offer from the rail network. Am over the moon.
Congratulations mate :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Brilliant, well done Davy :thumbup: :clap:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

I wondered how you were getting on with this dilemma, congratulations on the great result!