Presents

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Presents

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just been asked what I’d like for Christmas & I’ve no idea what I want I have everything I need so what would you want given a budget of between £50-100.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Presents

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I’m the same if there’s anything we need then I go online and shop at Amazon. So it’s going to have to be aftershave again this year.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Got the power tools so some kind of accessory for me please :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

PhoenixUnited wrote:Got the power tools so some kind of accessory for me please :D
Can find you a few jobs if you want to use them ;) :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mrs SW and myself don't do presents at either Chrimmy or birthdays.
Any money we would have spent goes into an account we use for holidays, nights out, etc.

This year we've booked a couple of concerts and if covid allows are going to do a New Year hotel break.

Last year we did a week in Cornwall.

Like most as we get older don't need material things so £100 would be a nice night out with meal and wine.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We’re the same if there’s something we want we just buy it. I’m not into all the commercial pressure that people get under. If I want to buy Sue flowers I don’t wait for Valentines Day when they are crazy money. Same with lots of other things. The grandson wants an XBox type thing that costs £500 for Christmas well as much as I like to spoil him it’s a NO from me.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Don't normally do presents either, Christmas or birthdays. Exception this year I'm getting a cover for my new toy/essential work tool a Remarkable2. Costs all of £15. I'm buying vouchers for dragons make up!

Also have stopped doing cards as it's a right pain trying to find decent ones for "partner"
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Looks like me and the Mrs are against the norm here, in that we both treat each other at Christmas, some would say we go over the top, but we’ve worked hard for our money over the years so why not.

Also, when the Mrs was in hospital all that time (one and a half years), we decided there and then we would do what we want/when we want and make the very most of times like Christmas and birthdays.

That said, we do also donate a decent amount to a charity of each other’s choice at Christmas too, for those less fortunate than ourselves.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Barlow Boy wrote:Looks like me and the Mrs are against the norm here, in that we both treat each other at Christmas, some would say we go over the top, but we’ve worked hard for our money over the years so why not.

Also, when the Mrs was in hospital all that time (one and a half years), we decided there and then we would do what we want/when we want and make the very most of times like Christmas and birthdays.

That said, we do also donate a decent amount to a charity of each other’s choice at Christmas too, for those less fortunate than ourselves.
:clap:
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I’ve asked for an iPhone case, hair clippers, aftershave and a bottle of Bacardi, see what Santa brings ;)