Complaints

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Complaints

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Reading on here regarding Coquille St Jacques I decided as I was passing M&S yesterday to buy a couple & have them last night. Half way through I bit into what I thought was a scallop instead my mouth filled with the most vile obnoxious fluid & a plastic thing which I spat out. Needless to say I didn’t eat anymore & felt sick. I sat the rest of the night expecting the worse, luckily I was alright. I’ve emailed M&S this morning stating how unhappy I am & asking what I’d had in my mouth. Obviously a email bounced back saying it could be 48 hours before I get a response. There was no way I was going to take it back to the food hall & be fobbed off & my £6 refunded. Any advice on how I should progress once they’ve contacted me ?

Winner of the Europa League
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Complaints

Post by mapperleywhite »

A bit late I know but I've found companies' customer service accounts on Twitter to be very effective in resolving issues (exception Morrisons) For example I had an issue with my TV licence which was resolved in a matter of a few hours.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

mapperleywhite wrote:A bit late I know but I've found companies' customer service accounts on Twitter to be very effective in resolving issues (exception Morrisons) For example I had an issue with my TV licence which was resolved in a matter of a few hours.
Thanks anyway I’ll resort to that medium if I get no joy via email.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

We had some the other day not sure what I’d done if it had been me. The capsule is probably something regarding the freezing and the liquid stuff some kind of chemical to do with that process. Good luck anyway.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Is it definitely plastic ? :shifty:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Davycc wrote:Is it definitely plastic ? :shifty:
Honestly don’t know. I’ve heard nothing apart from an automated response. I’ve just contacted them saying tomorrow I’ll be taking the matter to the Food Standards Agency. I’m not happy with this at all & demand something is done. Was mine a one off or did others get a dodgy meal ?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Honestly don’t know. I’ve heard nothing apart from an automated response. I’ve just contacted them saying tomorrow I’ll be taking the matter to the Food Standards Agency. I’m not happy with this at all & demand something is done. Was mine a one off or did others get a dodgy meal ?
I'd report it to the police too mate TBH
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Good luck it’s put me off Coquille St Jacques in future. Keep us informed of what happens please.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
From experience the police will say "shocking but it's not a police matter!" and leave you too it.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Davycc wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
From experience the police will say "shocking but it's not a police matter!" and leave you too it.
I was meaning if he doesn't get a response, and that incredible as it is, perhaps it was a deliberate act of 'sabotage' or even poisoning.