F A Vase

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: F A Vase

Post by LAsouthcoast »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:Cheers CW, it`s a great boost for the town as a whole, as locally we have a bit of a reputation as being a bit of a rough town, the seaside is lovely but the town centre, as like many has suffered a bit in recent times.
I can relate to that I used to live in Torquay & it was a prosperous back in the day now it’s very much all charity shops & pound shops. The council are spending money on the front but the actual town centre is a mess. Sadly approximately 70% of visitors these days come via coaches & these folk rarely venture out as their meals are included in the cost of their holidays.

Last time we visited we were told the locals were in uproar as the local buses were so expensive as the majority who used them especially tourists use bus passes so very little cash is spent.

Anyway well done to Littlehampton.
The trouble is NW that we get a lot of undesirables from the London area, I think it must be cheaper to move them on than house them where they are, coastal towns seem to have become dumping grounds.
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Got my final ticket today £25, 22/5/22 ko 12-00, I think the club has asked for 10,000 tickets.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Unfortunately Littlehampton couldn`t manage to bring the trophy back with them as they were soundly beaten 3-0 by a well drilled Newport Pagnall. It was a great day out though as both teams were cheered on by over 7,000 fans each, if you follow NW`s link above you will see the great support we had on the march to the arch, worth a look.