F A Vase

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

F A Vase

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Well we start the countdown now to Littlehampton Town`s F A Vase semi final home tie with Loughborough Students on Saturday, work is starting on erecting additional seating at the Sports Field in anticipation of a 4,000 crowd, the last time they had a crowd of that size was the 1990-91 season when they reached the first round of the F A Cup at home to Northampton town. I have my ticket, so will be there cheering on my home town, having been born and lived in the town all my life it would be a special day if they managed to get to Wembley.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: F A Vase

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I remember in 1972-73, yes I had to Google that going to Wembley to watch Scarborough play Wigan Athletic in the FA Trophy final. Boro won 2-1 after extra time not the biggest crowd inside the stadium but certainly a noisy one. It seemed every Yorkshireman working in London & the South East was there that day.

In 1974-75 they got there again & I went only to see them get beat 4-0 by Matlock Town, however in 1975-76 & 1976-77 they won again beating Stafford Rangers and then Dagenham. Along with Woking & Telford they hold the record for the most wins in the final.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Typing the above evoked some wonderful memories :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

2-0 to Littleampton Town at halftime
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

What a day, Littlehampton 4 - 0 Loughborough Students, Final at Wembley 22nd May, LA proved to powerful for LS scoring after 30 seconds they never looked back, LS were technically decent but lacked physical power to cause many problems for LA, a bumper crowd on a sunny day made for a great afternoon for the town.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Great stuff enjoy the final. I’m sure it’ll be a brilliant day out whatever the score.
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Cheers CW, it`s a great boost for the town as a whole, as locally we have a bit of a reputation as being a bit of a rough town, the seaside is lovely but the town centre, as like many has suffered a bit in recent times.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

LAsouthcoast wrote:Cheers CW, it`s a great boost for the town as a whole, as locally we have a bit of a reputation as being a bit of a rough town, the seaside is lovely but the town centre, as like many has suffered a bit in recent times.
I can relate to that I used to live in Torquay & it was a prosperous back in the day now it’s very much all charity shops & pound shops. The council are spending money on the front but the actual town centre is a mess. Sadly approximately 70% of visitors these days come via coaches & these folk rarely venture out as their meals are included in the cost of their holidays.

Last time we visited we were told the locals were in uproar as the local buses were so expensive as the majority who used them especially tourists use bus passes so very little cash is spent.

Anyway well done to Littlehampton.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Cheers CW, it`s a great boost for the town as a whole, as locally we have a bit of a reputation as being a bit of a rough town, the seaside is lovely but the town centre, as like many has suffered a bit in recent times.
You going to Wembley ?
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
You going to Wembley ?
I will be but it is going to be a hectic week as I fly to France on the 14th for a weeks work, back late afternoon on the 21st so it will be an early start on the Sunday for the game. Some of my mates are booking the Hilton for 2 nights, gutted I cant make that but I will catch up with them on Sunday, there is a real buzz about the area atm which is great.