Gary Speed Charity Walk (Andy's Man Club)

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Gary Speed Charity Walk (Andy's Man Club)

Post by Metro1962 »

Hoping this is okay to post this up here (if not then please feel free to delete it )

A group of over 100 Leeds fans are walking 92 miles from Gary's first football pitch in North Wales to the one he lifted the Championship Trophy on in 1992. Along the way, we will be visiting glamorous locations such as Warrington, Oldham and Huddersfield and passing by the doorstep of Old Trafford.

Why?
Even 10 years later, Gary's passing is something we all struggle to come to terms with, so when the 10th anniversary came around in November, we decided it was an occasion we shouldn't leave unmarked. The end of this season seems a perfect time to celebrate his life as it coincides with the 30 year anniversary of the title win Gary contributed so much to. Whether in his usual midfield role, filling in at left-back or up front in place of Lee Chapman, Gary was brilliant at all of it. He was talented, handsome and loved by thousands. If mental heath can be an issue for someone as brilliant as that then it's an issue for all of us.

When and where?
Between the 26th and 29th of May 2022. The route starts on Courtland Drive, close to Gary's childhood home and the park that now bears his name. From there, on day 1, we will walk as far as Warrington, via Ellesmere Port and Frodsham. Day 2, we leave Warrington to the South, picking up the Trans-Pennine Trail before joining the canal in Altrincham and walking all the way through Manchester before finishing in Oldham. Day 3 is a tough climb over the tops before we join the canal in Marsden and walk down the canal to Huddersfield. Day 4, the final day, is a mere 18 miles from Huddersfield to Leeds, including a stop-off at the Gary Speed mural in Bramley. Form there we will, naturally, finish at Elland Road.

Where is the money going?
This event is a joint fundraiser, with money going to both Andy's Man Club and The Samaritans. It is entirely up to you which you donate to. This is the page for Andy's Man Club,

Andys man club - https://gofund.me/5358266e

but if you would rather give to the Samaritans you can do so here

https://www.gofundme.com/f/gary-speed-c ... e=customer

All the best. :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Gary Speed Charity Walk (Andy's Man Club)

Post by Davycc »

Certainly no objections from the admin team. A great cause and well done all involved.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

If you PM your name I’ll sponsor you..
Winner of the Europa League
Metro1962

Post by Metro1962 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:If you PM your name I’ll sponsor you..
Not for me personally but fellow Leeds fans are doing it so I thought it would be nice to post it on here. :)
Last edited by Metro1962 on 22 Apr 2022, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Metro1962

Post by Metro1962 »

Davycc wrote:Certainly no objections from the admin team. A great cause and well done all involved.
:thumbup: