National Trust

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

National Trust

Post by Selby White »

Anyone on here members?

We've just joined so if any recomendations on places to visit will be welcome.

Just been down in Bedfordshire and had a good walk on Dunstable Downs (to Whipsnade tree cathedral) the other day. Free parking for us members. :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: National Trust

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Not National Trust but

I paid as a Christmas present for Sue a membership to Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust basically so she received free parking at our local reserve, Attenborough. Imagine our surprise after returning from a few days away to find 4 letters saying she was parked illegally & this carried a fine of £60 ( £240 in total) they said when we phoned that they had no details of us joining & no paper trail to any payment. We never received a membership pack or anything apart from an email thanking us for joining. I was also able to find the payment on my bank details so we’ve sent all this to them via email. The other thing is we only have till Thursday to pay, hopefully it’ll get sorted before then.
Winner of the Europa League
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Not National Trust but

I paid as a Christmas present for Sue a membership to Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust basically so she received free parking at our local reserve, Attenborough. Imagine our surprise after returning from a few days away to find 4 letters saying she was parked illegally & this carried a fine of £60 ( £240 in total) they said when we phoned that they had no details of us joining & no paper trail to any payment. We never received a membership pack or anything apart from an email thanking us for joining. I was also able to find the payment on my bank details so we’ve sent all this to them via email. The other thing is we only have till Thursday to pay, hopefully it’ll get sorted before then.
That sounds like their systems have failed, hope you are OK but can't see a problem as you have bank proof.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

I have a senior citizens lifetime pass for all the State parks in Massachusetts, bought it a few years ago for $10.00. Good for all amenities except camping fees.
Most State parks & state owned beaches cost around $14.00 a day per vehicle. As long as you've got the pass with you,good for any vehicle you are traveling in, opens up a lot of possibilities.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just heard back from Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust they’ve apologised & given Sue a 3 month extension to her current membership & told us that all parking fines are dropped. It’s a marvellous organisation & let’s hope not too many people get caught out like we were as it’ll put some folks off.
Winner of the Europa League