The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Cashless society

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mr Russell wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Taking it to the next level, my 23 year old lad uses his phone to pay for everything, just scans it like a card :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Seen that plus train tickets on their iPhone. They’d be in trouble if the phone was lost because their whole existence rely’s on it.
Season tickets move to phones next season, really not looking forward to that.
Actually not that hard once you know what your doing, for the football here last season in Australia they used that process and it was very easy to be honest. As it was such a success they moved back to cards :o :lol:
It’ll be carnage that first game, once everyone gets used to it I am sure it will be ok but I think I’ll arrive a bit earlier for that first time :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

What about kids in all of this is this the end of the tooth fairy ? I don’t know what age kids get debt cards but I would have thought 16. My grandkids like to go to the shop & buy pop & sweets with money I’ve given them. We can’t go totally cashless if for no other reason for them.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

As an example Nottingham Arena charges £7:50 for a pint of beer if you had to produce a £10 note you’d probably think twice about buying it but to flash a bit of plastic you probably don’t realise what you are spending.
Winner of the Europa League
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

NottinghamWhite wrote:As an example Nottingham Arena charges £7:50 for a pint of beer if you had to produce a £10 note you’d probably think twice about buying it but to flash a bit of plastic you probably don’t realise what you are spending.
There's probably a degree of that at first until you get used to spending through contactless. But every time I spend, I get a notification on my phone telling me the price and the retailer. And mobile banking allows me to keep on top of what I've got and any spending. It just takes a bit of discipline in making sure you're using the apps at your disposal so you're not just spending without being aware of your overall finances, given that you never actually see the money itself.

For me, contactless, and particularly mobile payments, are just a more secure way to pay. I've used an ATM once in the last five or six years, when I needed cash out, and on that single transaction, my card got skimmed, with someone then spending hundreds on Crocs shoes online. Lesson was learned then. Nobody's skimming my Apple Pay if it never has to touch anything and needs my face to activate it.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Scott wrote: Nobody's skimming my Apple Pay if it never has to touch anything and needs my face to activate it.
You need your face to activate it, I’ve got a face for radio so that’s me out :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.