I remember that/those

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: I remember that/those

Post by PhoenixUnited »

There was a vending machine in our school that dispensed hot drinks - tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc. - which was quite a novelty but also my favourite was the hot blackcurrant drink on a winters lunchbreak :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Having a cup of Bovril at the football was always a winner for me. I used to love doing the football pools really miss the excitement as the results came on the teleprinter on a Saturday afternoon. Saturday teatime & waiting for the Green Un to arrive & once it did popping to the pub next door to read it cover to cover. Blokes at the games with transistor radios held high & passing on any scores he thought we would be interested in. Buying a rosette of the opposition.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Back in 1976 I won £1200 on Littlewoods pools ‘twas enough to put as a deposit on my first home which was £6600. Just looked the same house was sold in 2016 for £150,000.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Having a cup of Bovril at the football was always a winner for me. I used to love doing the football pools really miss the excitement as the results came on the teleprinter on a Saturday afternoon. Saturday teatime & waiting for the Green Un to arrive & once it did popping to the pub next door to read it cover to cover. Blokes at the games with transistor radios held high & passing on any scores he thought we would be interested in. Buying a rosette of the opposition.
I used to deliver the green un when I was a paper boy.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Having a cup of Bovril at the football was always a winner for me. I used to love doing the football pools really miss the excitement as the results came on the teleprinter on a Saturday afternoon. Saturday teatime & waiting for the Green Un to arrive & once it did popping to the pub next door to read it cover to cover. Blokes at the games with transistor radios held high & passing on any scores he thought we would be interested in. Buying a rosette of the opposition.
Was pink round these parts.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
You still fit in those trousers too :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
I could probably still fit on the pushbike I used to have.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Mine still has stablisers
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
What your trousers?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
What your trousers?
:lol: :lol: No but I need them now on me trousers :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders