I remember that/those

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: I remember that/those

Post by Davycc »

Anyone else attach a bit of cardboard and a clothes peg to the forks of your bike so that it "sounded like a motorbike " when it rubbed against the spokes. You had to get the piece of card just right.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Having a cup of Bovril at the football was always a winner for me. I used to love doing the football pools really miss the excitement as the results came on the teleprinter on a Saturday afternoon. Saturday teatime & waiting for the Green Un to arrive & once it did popping to the pub next door to read it cover to cover. Blokes at the games with transistor radios held high & passing on any scores he thought we would be interested in. Buying a rosette of the opposition.
I used to deliver the green un when I was a paper boy.
You still fit in those trousers too :thumbup:
I could probably still fit on the pushbike I used to have.
Mine still has stablisers
in the West Midlands it was the Pink that gave us the scores. I remember going to a patomime at the Wolverhampton Grand in the early seventies and Freddie Garrity of Freddie and the Dreamers read out the results. I remember us winning and Wolves losing, but don't ask me who too.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:Anyone else attach a bit of cardboard and a clothes peg to the forks of your bike so that it "sounded like a motorbike " when it rubbed against the spokes. You had to get the piece of card just right.
I used a lollipop stick :P
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:Anyone else attach a bit of cardboard and a clothes peg to the forks of your bike so that it "sounded like a motorbike " when it rubbed against the spokes. You had to get the piece of card just right.
I used a lollipop stick :P
Snob
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

DC Marvel comics - Superman, Batman, Green Lantern - had such a distinctive odour, printing ink presumably. Fairly sure they were imported from the US. I was endlessly fascinated by the adverts for 100 (?) piece sets of cars, or was it military stuff at, it seemed, amazingly low prices. Ring any bells folks?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Did anyone else have a cap gun not sure if that’s the right name.?
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Did anyone else have a cap gun not sure if that’s the right name.?
Yes cap guns I’m sure is the right name when you fired them there was a smell that was delicious I’m sure looking back it fuelled the child pyromaniac in me :D

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

That’s them yeah I got one bought for Christmas one year :D Looking back at Christmas presents I remember one year getting a Zoro outfit thought I was the dogs dangly bits :lol: The Inner child in me today is thinking of buying a train set I think it would be very therapeutic you see we never really grow up do we ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Yep remember them :thumbup:

Remember dustbins that you managed to fit what little waste we had and the bin men could still carry over their shoulder.
Now we need 4 giant bins on wheels and still have to take stuff to the skips.
And they tell me today's society care more about the environment :crazy:
It's not about dealing with a mountain of waste its about not creating it.
Recycling was about eating your fish & chips out of a newspaper and a penny back for your pop bottle.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I saw pictures of Glastonbury after everyone had left you couldn’t see the ground for litter & rubbish yet today’s youngsters believe we older folk are the problem :roll:

When did this trend of littering start ?